Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New tow vehicle/old hitch.. What to do?

Going tomorrow to hook the trailer up to the new truck and get it ready for camping season. I have a Keystone Passport 2920BH. I recently upgraded the tow vehicle from a 2013 F-150 3.5 eco boost Super Crew to an F-250 Crew cab 6.2L V8 gas. I have an ...

Purchasing First Trailer

Hello,I hope this is the correct place to post this. I am new to this forum as well as trailers. Have been looking to purchase a camping trailer and have narrowed it down to a few choices:- Jayco Jay Flight SLX 264BHW- Keystone Hideout 24BHSWE or 24B...

Shani by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Preparing my bed

When transporting your truck camper is there a best way to prepare the truck bed. When I buy my new truck should I have a sprayed in the liner… Rubber mat… Bed rug or nothing at all ?

Inlet by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Alternatives to Dicior EPDM Roof Seal?

I will soon be selling my old (2006) TT and first want to do some general maintenance and simple repairs. Are there any effective alternatives to the dicor roll on sealant? Considering that it's a 30 foot unit, I would like to save as much as possi...

Brockc by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Truck for sale ad waste of time

Since buying the 5er I've been looking at duallys to replace my SRW Ram.I see an ad on the local CL for a suitable truck so I went to look at it. I knew it was overpriced but I figured the seller knew it and would deal. I went to see the truck yester...

bucky by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Box (4 batteries) for Travel Trailer

I am looking into a small travel trailer like the Nash 17K or Summerland 1890FL. I would like to use 4 batteries but most of the boxes I have seen are limited to a couple batteries.Does anyone have experience with mounting a large battery box which ...

Inverter generator

So we have been kicking this idea around some. I plan to do my solar panels this next month but I think having a small genset will be nice to have for a back up. At first I was thinking of a small, 1000 watt model. I'm a pretty big believer in buy on...

Vinsil by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Awning Rattle

My awning spring rattles when the awning is deployed. I have to retract it about a foot to stop the noise. How can I increase the tension on the recoil spring to stop it from rattling?

facory by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

New truck got hammered!!

Well the two major Hail storms in 3 weeks here in north Texas really did a number on our house and my new Ram dually Laramie longhorn. House is being repaired as we speak in the tune of over 40,000 in damage. My truck is going into the body shop in 4...

Water expansion tank

I did a lot of reading on expansion tanks and decided to install oneThe hardest part was getting the straps tight in the tight space. With some limited backyard testing it seems like the pump doesnt cycle as much and when it does its a lower volume. ...

todde278 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Day 1 We own an RV!!!!!

My wife and I took delivery on our very 1st TT today. 2016 Outdoors RV Black Rock 26BHS. 1st trip this weekend, we aren't wasting any time! Del Mar at Camp Pendleton, just a little 100 mile journey first time around. More to follow as we plan on docu...

new truck cost!!

Today, I spied a brand new Ford F-150 Eco Boost 4 door for sale at Costco. The MSRP was $56,000. WOW! I didn't realize the costs had risen that much since I shopped in 2010. I can picture myself in my Mexican built Ram for many, many more years. I ha...

Hensley or....

With the purchase of our 35' (OAL) trailer, I am curious if a non top of the line hitch will prove satisfactory? It isn't abnormally tongue heavy for the truck, but will certainly benefit from sway elimination.What are the top contenders below Hensle...

eipo by Explorer
  • 71 replies
  • 0 likes

Air bags and cat scale shock

Hi all, it's been awhile since I have posted. We recently took our first spring trip this year to do some fishing. This was the first time I had hooked up the bass boat with my TC, and I noticed that it has a little more squat than I would like, ev...

Solar charging. Is this a good deal?

I am thinking about buying this. I have an older pop up slide in camper for primitive camping. The only electric there is are several led lights, water pump, converter and a very low wattage 12 volt TV. Gas stove does not need a 12 volt supply. I hav...

352 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes