Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GMC 2500HD instead of a Ford F250 for our 5th wheel...

OK, went out today wanting to get a Ford 250 to tow our Highland Ridge 5th wheeler LF315BHS, with a weight of 8900LBS. Now, the F250 only (in our opinion) rides conformable if it is the Lariat edition ....The Lariat is also to expensive. So, how does...

Jim102 by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Fix my windows?

I have Hehr windows in my TT. A couple of them are leaking (I get water inside the TT) and I am not sure how to fix them. I searched on the web and Youtube and couldn't find anything. The have a large trim piece around them on the outside of the wind...

Stabilize Large Trailer

Hello,After many years of pulling my trailer, we have made the change to a park model at our favorite campground. We picked up the new trailer this past week but found it doesn't have any stabilizers at all on it. Would have been nice to know prior t...

mroseto by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Jack truck up to engage lower Stable Loads?

I installed my lower SLs on my truck last night. Fairly straight forward install, but a couple of pointers that may help.In order to install the long bolt that secures the plate to the spring you need a pretty good gap between the springs, For the re...

FireGuard by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Travels With Charlie, something many do not know

I was listening to a favorite talk show yesterday and he had a quiz going for his audience.He asked if anyone knew what inspired Steinbeck to write "Travels With Charlie"... The Answer was "Travels with a Donkey" by R.L. Stevenson...hahahaaaThe fol...

Best place and price for 19.5 wheels and tires.

I had planned to upgrade my tires to Cooper ST with a 4080 lb rating which would probably be within limits for my camper. Won't know for sure until I weigh it.However, with the replys from my other posts regarding less capacity for the wheels, I'm lo...

FireGuard by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Rubber Roof cleaning questions

I couldn't get a straight answer from my RV dealer so I thought I'd try here for opinions. I'm going to clean my rubber roof on my 2011 Keystone Springdale 311. I purchased some Camco rubber roof cleaner and conditioner. The directions say to apply i...

Gas or electric water heater

Which mode do all of you use. I can use both in my new trailer but I guess I was just wondering which to use and why. I used the gas heater on my last trip to save on watt usage but the people in the big trailer next to me which also had 30 amp usage...

Tires (again)?

I have, what I think, is a slightly unusual tire question. I have a Silverado 1500 (Crew Cab, 4wd, LTZ, Z71) and need to replace the tires. This summer we are planning on going on a grand "Out West" tour to include AZ, NM, UT, and CO - and of cours...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

add a room

Hi, Are there any manufacturers that make add a rooms for truck campers? The ones I see on the net are all shown with pull type campers. Would like to find one that attaches to the back end.Thanks, Lee

schl44 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

18 days and counting down!

18 days to launch on a 7000 mile trip. This weekend we:Cleaned and waxed the exterior.Libricated every lock and moving part inc. WDHCleaned and organized every closet, drawer, and storage space.Cleaned and polished the whole interior.All fresh linens...

Anmacc2 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Help deciding on new tow vehicle

The wife and I are considering looking for a new tow vehicle to haul our Keystone Bullet 308bhs (6100lbs dry)We have been towing it with my 2007 F150 with 5.4 V8 and towing package, but are interested in possibly a SUV since we have a new baby that w...

dnmccoy by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow vehicle for a crossroads cf32bl

Hi all. Been looking at replacing our 1998 winne with the above 5 wheel. My brain is absolute mush. Looked at fifth wheels and tow vehicles and I think above trailer is the one but for tow vehicles I've been looking at gmc 2500's with 6.0 and I'm hon...

stew47 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Looking for some help finding new camper

figured id copy this post over here as well since maybe a non hybrid is what were looking for.we currently have a jayco 16xrb and are looking to get something bigger now, looking to stay under 5,000 lbs and under 26' will be towing with a '13 grand c...

JeepGuy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes