Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Need advice for a 60s/70s Trav'ler range (stove)

Hello there.I have a 1967 Frolic Travel Trailer which I love. It has a 3 burner Trav'ler brand range in it that was working okay until a few months ago when the oven part stopped regulating the temperature and the little oven thermometer maxed out at...

Off Season Project (pix)

I made a gate leg table for our camper. Actually this is a second table. I posted pictures of the first HEREAnd while it worked out very well, it was a little big and heavy. I made it from shop scraps, mostly flake board, so it was too heavy to ea...

TT cover question

For those in favor of covering a camper while in storage, which is better, a tarp or a specialty whole camper cover like ADCO? Which is easier to install? I live in Columbia, SC with hot summers and mild winters. We rarely get snow and if we do, i...

Electrical help

I am having an issue where my generator runs, but doesn't power my 120v service. Shore power works fine. I checked the generator circuit breaker and it is ok (Onan microlite 2800). After considerable digging, I finally found my auto transfer relay...

West of the Mississippi Road Trippin

We are trying to plan our big trip for 2016. We are new to RVing but we want to do a big trip. We are home based in Orange County California and thinking of going to Zion. So I have 2 main questions. 1) where in Zion would you recommend? (with hookup...

Levidada by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge - insufficient cooling on gas

Oh, the joys of owning an older trailer. I wrote on this forum about my converter issues and how it died over the weekend on a last of '15 camping trip.After I killed the breaker to the converter, I turned on the battery and the fridge automatically ...

Question for all 6.5 diesel Gurus

My 95 turbo burb runs awesome ! smooth and powerful. But she starts a little sloppy, I have new glow plugs and voltage is great. Also have a new starter , and lift pump. Its starts every time , but it does not pop off smooth. Any insights would be gr...

16' Keystone Passport cold weather camping Q

Hi all, new member and new RV'er here. My wife and I recently purchased a Keystone Passport Ulrta Light that is an extended season trailer. My question is this: I am planning on going camping over the New Years weekend in NW Oregon. The average temps...

Tree limb vs Roof, Tree wins

I know this must have happened to someone else, so I'm looking for experienced advice. Unfortunate incident with a tree limb and my 5 month old trailer has to have a new roof. Covered by insurance and currently being repaired by local jayco dealer....

mjmaddox by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

'03 Ford F-250 with V-10 gas engine

Hello fine people: Tomorrow I go to look at a 2003 F-250 for sale. It has the 6.8 ltr V-10 gas engine with 425 lb ft torque and 165,000 miles. It is 4wd and has many options that look attractive including off road package that will be helpful for m...

Dmacman by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Canyon Diesel MPG - 22 city 31 hwy 25 combined

DETROIT – With efficiency that complements its leading capability, the all-new 2016 GMC Canyon diesel is rated at a segment-topping 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway in two-wheel drive – or 25 mpg combined – according the U.S Environmental...

TV - and I mean flat screen televisions

I just bought a new travel trailer. It didn't come with a TV but it does have a spot for one. I had an old tube type in my old motorhome and never had it on. Don't usually want to sit inside and watch TV when I'm camping.But my question concerns the ...