Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Small Adjustable Propane Heater

My dog and I travel across the country in my pickup during the colder months and we sleep in the shell in back. Sometimes a little heat would help. I have used a Mr. Heater and it roasted me out in the lowest setting.Does anyone know of a safe smal...

hhornig by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

What is the risk of exceeding payload?

Depending on what vehicle we buy, our Airstream will be a 27' twin, or 30' bunk. If we buy the Ford F-250 diesel, will get 30'. But if we are able to safely tow the 27' twin with Tundra, we are going that route. Hitch weight is 781 lbs, dry weight is...

99 S & S metal roof

Repair wood underneath, and replace metal. Roof is sagging just a bit where the A/C sits. I am figuring that something is weakened, that I didn't see, and one of those bumps on our last trip did it in. Did a google search for metal roof replace, a...

RideSlow by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Starcraft with a happijac bed

We are getting ready to pull the trigger on a Starcraft Launch Ultra-Lite 28bhs TT. This model has happijac beds in it. I was hoping to get some advice on the reliability of the happijac beds and Starcraft in general.While we were testing the model, ...

Billkoz by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Keep water lines from freezing

I have a late season elk hunt (Nov,Dec.) We'll be camping at a camp ground with full hook ups. The trailer is 4 season,but I have to run the hose for water. If it does get cold ,what are some ways to keep the hose from freezing. My thought was to ge...

1Longbow by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

norcold fridge not working on AC or LP

When turning on my norcold fridge (dont have model handy, can get if neccessary) it does not cool in fridge or freezer at all. Switch is in auto position and the AC and LP light is on. Switching to gas or unplugging camper normally causes the LP to l...

Camper Driving Lights and Blinker

My 2007 NL marker lights and right turn signal stopped working. The bulbs looks fine. Truck lights all work. Is there a fuse location for the exterior running lights?

Tizi by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

New to me camper with pics

Picked up a '92 Lance Squire 8000 yesterday. Pretty stoked as its in excellent condition and the price was right.The camper weighed in at 2,700 lbs on the muni scale without water in it (it was winterized). It's just going to bust 3,000 with water. I...

Slackjaw by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Toyota Tacoma Mirrors

I just bought a Jayco X17-Z, and am going to pull it with a 2015 2WD Tacoma. My problem is no one seems to be able to provide extention mirrors, not Toyota, or Camping World. Any suggestions?

Auxiliary Tank Question

My former F450 (2011 long bed), I had a 90 gallon auxiliary tank installed by my dealer. It was a rectangular shape with a small tool area going across the top. So it was flat across the top and a little over 19" tall so it was just about flush with ...

light vs heavy trailer temperatures

Hi all. I wanted to start a discussion on something I saw with my 2003 yukon xl 1500. I tow about 6300 lbs loaded ( scale veified). Went to western nc when it was about 89 to 91of outside. Saw trans temps as high as 206 on large hills and aroun...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes