Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Super Freightliner

Impressive fuel economy for such a massive truck.http://www.autoblog.com/2015/03/27/daimler-supertruck-115-percent-mpg-improvement/

brulaz by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tork lift outside arms compatibility

I sold my Tork Lift tie-down arms with an old camper but still have the brackets installed on my 2005 F-250. I have an opportunity to buy a set of arms off of that the owner says fit on his 2004 Dodge 2500 and also 2001 F250 Superduty. Sounds likely ...

dedub by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

2014 Ram SRW 3500. do I need a slider hitch for a FW?

Wife and I just signed the paperwork for a 2014 keystone Laredo 329RE. This is my first FW. We are seasonal, so I'll only be towing the FW twice a yr. I don't need a fancy hitch, just a plain no frills set up. What do you guys recommend? And do I ne...

mowin by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Raise TT with taller equalizer

I'll be installing a Mor-Ryde heavy duty shackle kit and would like to make a change to the trailers height while I'm at it. When it's hitched up the nose is slightly high but the bubble is within the lines. I cant adjust the hitch head to get it any...

ScottG by Nomad
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Lower Stableloads - Engaging Only the Rears?

Got around to installing these things today. The rears installed easy enough, but I am wondering why I even need the fronts? There is very little gap between the lower overload and the spring pack even with the suspension completely unloaded. 3 wedge...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Working to "Save" my Camping Weekend

Uh-oh! For some (lucky) reason I was reviewing my reservations for this weekend and discovered I booked the wrong CG at a local state park. The one I have is in what is called "the sand pit" and is very biased towards the OHV crowd. Dry camping cl...

5 inches of foam board in bed?

The bed rails in my new truck are 4 1/2" taller. Would 5" of foam board be ok or should I build a platform out of 2 x 6's? Is there anyone out there using 4 or 5 inches of foam board in their bed? My camper weighs 1300lbs. Thanks, Vic

Propane tank soft covers

Does anyone have actual experience with the soft covers available for the tongue mounted propane tanks. I have two 30lb tanks & am considering replacing the existing hard cover. I would like comments concerning the soft covers only. Fitment, durabil...

Dakota98 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Explorer Sport with ecoboost

Hello - I think we have finally decided on the Ford Explorer Sport with the 3.5L ecoboost as our next tow vehicle (an upgrade from our current tow vehicle, a minivan). Anyone have experience towing with this one? Any input? My mechanic has only go...

towing

Will a 2011 ford explorer pull my 22 ft travel trailer it has 3.5 cyclone and class 3 tow pkg

spitts55 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd Ball Little Trailer - Camp Buddy

Hello, Fairly new here and actually came across this forum because of a similar question. I posted back , but it was a little over a month after the original question. I have a Small Trailer called a Camp Buddy , made by a Company called Legacy RV , ...

Driving Truck & Hardside Camper

I am looking at buying a pick up and camper. As most of my driving is in the mountains and desert, off road, gravel roads, no serious 4 wheeling. I encounter the usual winds, sharp curves etc. Wondering how well the hard sides handle these conditions...

SamCol by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Robots invaded my truck camper

Wow!!! I cannot believe how much spam has gotten thru in the past week or so.The truck camper section is the only section I subscribe to. Like some of the rest of you I suspect, I pick and choose which ones to read based on my interests.As of late, i...

MN_Ben by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes