Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Solution to Trash Left Behind!

We have all seen it before. People leave their trash behind at a nice campsite or on the side of the road. To the extent we can, we pick up what is there to dispose of later but the process just leaves a bad impression of hummanity in general. Litter...

adamis by Nomad II
  • 48 replies
  • 0 likes

6.4 litre HEMI vs Cummins

Hi all Just upgrade TV from a Dodge 2500 6.4 litre to a 2500 CumminsLooking to see if anyone else made this change to share your experiences on gas mileage. Did the cummins make a difference in regular driving?

samhain7 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Fresh water problem

I have a 2014 crossroads sunset trail. It’s new to us. I have sanitized and flushed the fresh water at least 4 times. I still have a very strong sulfur small. I use household bleach in the recommended concentration. I use my house water which does no...

Dometic Compressor Fridge Issue

I’m hoping to tap into the membership’s vast knowledge. I own a 2 year old Northstar TC650. It was optioned with the compressor fridge based on all the good reviews and pluses over the absorption models. It seems to have worked well until now.I start...

jsc253 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Bigfoot tripping house GFI

2008 Bigfoot 9.4. Replaced the converter early this spring only because it was boiling my batteries. Got a Progressive from Best Converters. Son and I replaced it. He works with DC a lot on the job. I haven't actually used the camper since, for a var...

Fine Tuning the load

We have just upgraded from SRW pickup to DRW flatbed. Our camper has "dually" brackets which made loading the SRW a breeze. With the flatbed, there is approx 1.5" between jacks and bed frame if loaded evenly. My question is, is there a way to move ca...

Opinions on my dilema - newer trucks SRW vs DRW

I likely know the answer here...Current truck has 350,000kms. Engine is pretty good but it has 200,000kms on the 2nd trans, oil pan leak, small electrical gremlins, rusting etc. Its getting tired. The wife has given me a green light for something ...

gbw by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Flagstaff 26fwbs

Does anybody have a 26fwbs ? Do you like like it what are the pros and cons. Thinking about trading my Transcend MKS 28. Thanks.

Slide out stuck closed?

Hello all, hope everyone is well! First time post. I have a 2017 Rockwood 2618VS that has just developed a problem that requires me to manually have to hand crank the slidout a couple of turns before being able to open it with the electric switch. ...

Sun lite Eagle SE cargo light wiring

Greetings from IOWA! I just purchased a 1992 Sun Lite Eagle SE truck Camper. 1) For the life of me, I cant find the cargo light wiring that should connect to the truck to run those lights. For what I could fine for external wiring. There is two wire...

Need advise on which new truck - 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton?

My husband and I have ordered a new 2021 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS which should arrive the end of October. We are shopping for a truck but can't decide if we should buy a 1/2 ton or 3/4 ton. The GVW for the Roo is 6848 lbs with a hitch weight of 688 lbs. W...

jodiwer by Explorer
  • 97 replies
  • 0 likes

Decal Removal on Bigfoot / Fiberglass?

My Bigfoot camper is approaching 20 years old and the decals are not in the best condition. I'm considering removing them entirely at some point and having the entire exterior waxed and polished. Has anyone else removed the decals on their fiberglass...

adamis by Nomad II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes