Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Cover for new TT

New to forum and new TT owner.Just bought a new TT. North Trail NT 21FBS. Don't have storage lined up yet. Probably keep it at the farm. Just ordered a Goldline cover for it. (20 to 22 foot cover). Hope that's what I need. I assume the 21 is the ...

Forest River Rockwood 2604WS

We are looking at buying a 2014 Rockwood 2604WS. This will be our first RV, so we need your help. We all but signed on the deal but wanted to research the product more. We saw 161 complaints on FR's RVs and service on the Pissed Consumer website and ...

Warning

On our yearly trek and the radio part of our entertainment center seems to be ailing. DH called our dealer who gave him a couple of things to try and then call him back. No luck so the rep said they would get us in to one of their network dealers t...

dadmomh by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

New Rims

I have a 2005 Jayflight 31BHS and the painted white wheels are badly rusted. I've considered trying to scrape and paint them but think I'd prefer to purchase new rims. We camp on the beach so I'm hoping someone has input regarding what type of rims...

bobnap by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

FOUND OUR NEW TT

We found what we think is a great deal on our first TT. No more tent camping for us. We went to Ohio and viewed the model we decided on (Keystone Passport 2920BH) but they didn't have the interior. We almost settled. No way! Not for our first purchas...

dadof6 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

underinflation

No one should recommend riding on underinflated tires. If affecta the side walls and promotes a build up of heat. If you want capacity, buy the tire for that. If you want a comfie ride, buy the tire for that. Otherwise be prepared to compromize.

US files charge against Toyota, $1.2B penalty

FYI...no OEM is immune from bean counter management decisions... US files charge against Toyota, $1.2B penaltyUS files charge against Toyota, $1.2B penaltyBy ERIC TUCKER and TOM KRISHER, Associated PressUpdated 11:20 am, Wednesday, March 19, 2014WAS...

BenK by Explorer
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Black water tank cleaning

After a month on the road we are finally home for a bit, till the weather warms up. We dumped our black and gray water tanks and I purchased a toilet wand to spray the black water tank. I was wondering if it would be worth the effort to rinse out the...

rbpru by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Winterizing after camping

I went camping this weekend. When I got back home, there was a winter weather advisory in effect. I didn't get a chance to winterize my Travel Trailer, but I did make sure that the water heater was drained. The temperature dropped to 28 degrees last ...

Ruthless by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Rockwood 8289WS

Has anyone raised their trailer to allow more wheel well clearance ? I think I am losing tires because of clearance issues in wheel well . Does anyone know of any sites that will help me achieve this ? Thanks.

Upgraded to new LED fixtures

I took out the old 1141 bulbs and fixtures since the switches were getting touchy.I picked up some gold star fixtures on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00CZEZNGU/ref=mp_s_a_1_sc_1?qid=1395283405&sr=8-1-spellπ=AC_SX110_SY165_QL70 http://www.am...

Jlschuma by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban 8.1 / 4.10 reliability

Hi all,I have about 95k on my Suburban with 8.1 /4.10 and 4x4. It's a 2002 and we drive it on the weekends and on trips. What is everyone's reliability with these? I change oil every 3k (using high mileage now). Goal is to have for the next 12-14...

jlrmfc21 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

First trip with new TV

We drove to Universal Studios from the Tallahassee, Fl area for spring break. Which is about a 4 - 5 hour drive. We upgraded our TV to a Ford 250 from a Chevy 1500. We pull a 32ft Keystone Premier. We drove on I75, Turnpike and I4 without any iss...