Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

What is a 3/4 ton pickup?

Since we all drive campers with pickups underneath, I suspect many will have an opinion to this question: just what constitutes a 3/4 ton pickup? Axle capacity? frame strength? brakes? GVWR? Payload? Hearsay? Common knowledge? The grocery stor...

Tonneau covers

I need a very economical tonneau cover. Going on my first trip that I feel the need to have my gear out of sight. Looking for opinions about trifold soft covers maxing out at $500.00.

pitch by Explorer II
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Weight Dist Hitch Setup

I have been playing with my hitch a lot lately and I can not get any weight on the front axle of my TV. I have the chains so tight I can barely pull them up and I am a BIG guy. The most I have been able to do is about 100 lbs of weight on the front e...

tkoden by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Question on dual cams

Can I use this type of bar and just purchase the dual cam part and convert? With my trailer, the friction sway is OK i just want something better.ThanksPS this was my storage method not towing method for the bars

rbrumm by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

Aussie trying to understand your trucks

Going to be buying a FW with a GVWR of less than 10,000 pounds and hopefully under 30 foot. Need to know what can tow & more importantly stop it. 2 adults & 3 kids weighing under 500 pounds. So need a 4 door pick up. Ford, Chev or GMC & Dodge seem to...

Mik68 by Explorer
  • 60 replies
  • 0 likes

Aspen Trail 3010bhds owners?

My wife and I are currently looking into this unit. It will be used at the lake during the summer and a few family trips a year. Does anyone have this particular TT? If not, How would you rate the Aspen Trail brand in general? I know all units ha...

DinTulsa by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspension

Curious what people think of Dexter vs Mor/Ryde suspension upgrades? My TT doesn't have shocks and I'm considering adding one of these two in hopes of improving ride (not that it chucks too badly, but you just have to upgrade things right?).Do those...

MNRon by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheels and Tires

Where is the best place to order Wheels for F-250Where is the best place to order Tires for F-250Thanks ...

monkey44 by Nomad II
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

RV show observations

Just got back from the RV show in Rosemont IL. Lots to see all different brands, different layouts and sizes. We did not see anything that we like better than the layout we already have (Jayco 29QBH) so we will stay with what we have looks like the...

djcjc by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Fist Trip of the Season is done.

Just got back from our first weekend trip of the season. Went on a fishing trip to the Guadalupe River near New Braunfels, TX. It was a short drive and knocked out a full day of fly fishing. Wife and mother in law went to the outlet mall to do some s...

Front wheel Drive vehicle for towing?

My wife and I are looking to purchase a vehicle to tow a trailer camper + or - 19 feet. There are a number of front wheel 6 cylinder..300+hp cars..which have a tow rating of over 5,000lbs... Example: Nissan Arcadia.. and I would like to know if there...

FJP800 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Repair

I have looked into a coating to go on my roof over the rubber membrane. Yes its time to do something prior to a leak developing. I am getting mixed reviews from tt repair guys on whether this would do what it says or not Roof CoatingHas anyone tried ...