Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Trans temperature gauge

OK, heres the deal...I installed an Autometer tranny temp gauge in my truck this morning...4L60 trans....Its about 35-40 degrees around here, winters coming...Went into town to run a few errands. Temp on gauge went to about 125F, that was about it. R...

poncho62 by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

ford f-150

I have a 2013 ford f-150 4 x 4 supercrew 3.5v6 3;31 ecoboost with trailer tow package I have looked up the towing capacity on fords towing web site and it shows I can tow 9200lbs the trailer I am looking at has weight of 6300lbs dry what do others...

mimosa by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

springdale TT

I was wondering if anyone owns or knows someone that owns a Springdale 266RLSS TT. I just purchased one and was looking for any tips, pros/cons to this camper. I realize that everyone's likes/dislikes are different, but would like any input I can get...

sluggo68 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Shoutout for Timbren

I just had to give a shout out to Timbren!! Earlier this year I paid to have a set of Timbren's on my 2011 Ram 3500....as it turned out it when the truck accessory store installed them they left to large of a gap (which I wondered about) and they use...

4 cyl can tow!

My little 2013 Sorento had its first towing test tonight right up to its max tow rating of 1650 lbs. it was probably loaded at about 2000 lbs total including the trailer. There were 44 boxes of 8mm laminate flooring on the trailer. The trailer was l...

jerem0621 by Explorer II
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

pricing on a rockwood roo 23ikss

looking for some in put on a new 2013 roo 23 ikss,if there are other owners out there I would appreciate any in put good or bad...It has power jack,awning, alloy wheels, nite shades and all the normal equitment also throwing in a wdh although I don,...

TKConn by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Just had a brainstorm - how about a survey!

I just had a brainstorm when reading through the posts here.So here's my question. We have two groups of folks on these forums: Those who exclusively blow out their water lines when winterizing and those who use the "pink stuff". For purposes of this...

Connecting to water pump for winterizing

After taking a week in Lancaster where the temps have dropped, we need to winterize our TT and our local dealer is 10 days out and cannot help so we are attempting to do it ourselves. We have emptied the water heater, all drains and positioned the v...

callans1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with a Ford or GM Van

My 2002 Dodge Ram Van (5.2L V8 w/3.44 rear isn't up to the task so I'm looking to upgrade to a 2012 or 2013 used passenger van for towing. What I'm finding available on the market are the 3500 / E350 series passenger vans in the 22 to 25K price rang...

Tiggs by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford 6.0 problems?

First... I know zero about the Ford 6.0 diesel problems, but have read some posts regarding problems. Yesterday, I parked next to a 2006 F350 DRW that looked like new and the owner stepped out and we started talking truck. He told me he bought the ...

Host Chinook ?

I'm looking at the Host Chinook 8.5 for a short bed PU. I can't seem to find any dealers any where in the country that has one on the lot. Any opinions on this company and their products? Even Truck Camper Magazine doesn't acknowledge them. What'...

alstraub by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

purchasing from a private party

This might be a silly question, but my DH brought it up and then I saw a Lance for sale and the ad said "cash only". Not that I mind paying cash but it got me thinking.Since a truck camper isn't registered, there's no title etc. How do you know the ...

soos by Explorer II
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Other reasons ST tires fail??

There have been soooo many threads and posts on ST tires here about what the best one is and why they fail sometimes. I was just reading one of those "threads from heck" - ST tire thread from heck...But I don't see much if any discussion in that thr...

Used tt

Hello everybody. I just have a couple of question. Looking at buying our first tt. Have the opportunity to go and look at a 2001 salem lite 26bh(no slide) Just wondering what i should be looking for when i look at it? What kind of options does it h...