Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Shadow Cruiser 850 Truck Camper

Good day,we have decided to explore a truck camper to expand on our camping opportunities. I have a Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 4WD diesel. I have recently learned that carrying capacity kind of sucks for a 3/4 ton.So, I am trying to find an appr...

New on tandem axle trailer.

Is it normal that when doing a right backing maneuver the right. rear wheel of the trailer goes askew -- toe in, it appears?Trailer is new and I recently checked the torque of the lug nuts are in order.I'll appreciate any info.

Should we buy a Ford 5th Wheel Hitch?

Hello,We have an F250 on order and are thinking about a 5th wheel. It should be about 15.5K loaded (16.8K max gross weight). The Ford F250 has the eight foot box and the 5th wheel prep.Would you buy the Ford hitch (18K rating) or another 5th wheel ...

Crespro by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Need Guidance on Buying the Right Truck

Hi guys, you may remember I posted last year about my 2002 Lance 811 that I acquired for free because it needs a little restoration ("How Bad Is This?")Well the house remodeling is finally done, DW has her brand new kitchen, I sold the TT last week, ...

BurbMan by Explorer II
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper generator for Lance 851?

I'm new to TCs (new to RVs in general) and just purchased a 2007 Lance 851. It doesn't have a generator in it, and I want to put one in. I'm having no joy finding out the appropriate size / capacity / wattage propane generator that I should be lookin...

Center of gravity

Looking at a shadow cruiser 850 for our short bed chevy 2500. Very limited info I can find, but it seems that it was suitable for a shortbed Center of gravity from the documentation is 40" back. Measuring to my axle is 40.5 or so. Wish it was a littl...

Northern Lite 9-6 and Cassett Toilet???

Does a new or late model NL have a casset toilet or a black tank? I googled it and found conflicting info. I did find an announcement where NL introduce the cassette toilet in 2013 but on their website, It doesnt look like it is an option.Yea or Na...

Tow Vehicle question

Hi all, I have a 2013 GMC Sierra with a 5.3 litre engine and 3.73 ratio rear axle. It has about 76k miles. It has a max tow rating of 9500 lbs. I'm looking at buying a 2018 Siverado under 30k miles with a 5.3 litre engine but 4.34 ratio rear axle a...

A sad but happy day.

A sad day because our much loved TT left the driveway behind another family's truck. It has been on our mind to sell it for a couple of years, haven't been using it much and hoped to find someone who would appreciate it. We have known the young lady ...

6v vs 12v

I have 2 12v deep cycle batteries instead of 2 6v deep cycle batteries. Can I connect in tandem and use in my travel trailer? Thnks

Forgot the battery??????

Good morning to all, Upon our arrival at our property in MI where we keep our permanent trailer I realized I forgot the battery back in Illinois . The question is, will I do any damage to the converter by plugging the camper to its 50amp electrica...

kennyd63 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Service Trailer Brake System message

On my lunch break today, I drove my truck to the store, which is 5 minutes away. While driving the "service trailer brake system " message chimed and came up on the dash. It did this several times. I then drove 5 minutes back to work and it happened ...