Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Would I ever be happy towing with a half ton truck

Back story-impulsively purchased a 2006 keystone 26tbl. Loaded weight about 7700 lbs. At that time towing with a 08 Sierra cc. Obviously not enough truck. Purchased a 11 Sierra Denali cc with the 6.2. It definitely does much better. It has plenty of ...

Gald65 by Explorer
  • 104 replies
  • 0 likes

Time for new tires?

My 2014 Nissan Titan 4WD is still running on the Goodyear Wranglers original tires. P265-70-R18. Date on them is 3613...so that makes them almost 6.5 years old. About 25,000 miles on them. Yes, 25,000 miles! Tread is worn about as one would expec...

step solutions

so my new camper came with the accordion style steps (not glowsteps). they are a little to short as my truck is taller, but even if I prop them up they never seam to sit all the same (flat) so I am looking for a different step system that will be, ho...

"Death Wobble" updated, fixed

I've heard about it but never experienced it until recently.We have a 2017 F250 4wd at work with around 26,000 miles on it, gas engine. At any speed above about 45MPH the steering wheel will start to shake, some times pretty bad. It takes a bump, l...

GWolfe by Explorer
  • 45 replies
  • 0 likes

Venture Sonic

Hi all, I'm currently looking at a 2017 Venture Sonic 22VRB. It has an interior height of 81" and it is one of the tallest I have seen. I'm 6'2" and it seems like it will fit the bill. I have not seen it in person yet, only photos online. Question i...

Charging camper batteries with generator?

How do you all hook up the generator to charge camper batteries? Hook generator directly to batteries with the battery cables or just plug the shore power cord into the generator? Speaking to a Northern Lite camper and a Honda generator.Thanks John

JRJR by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Casita vs "conventional" small trailers

I'm thinking about a small trailer and had been looking at the Rpod, Drop and Hummingbird types, but then started thinking about Casita. Does anyone have experience with the smaller "conventional" trailers vs the Casita? I know they are all small, a...

mark_p1 by Explorer
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Pick up truck remembrance !

Bought my first truck off of Smokey Yunick in Daytona , about 1960 or 61 , cost 1,700 dollars , about a years wages for a 16 year old kid . Six cylinder GMC . About 1963 I saw mt first P.U. with an air conditioner , musta been a rich man as they adde...

Casita travel trailer

Finally found a used Casita I could get to before it was gone. Picked a snowy day and drove 1000 miles round trip but it was worth waiting for. It is a 2018 Casita Spirit Deluxe and lightly used. Just what I was looking for.

1mtnman by Explorer II
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump location

Just bought a 2003 Coachmen Clipper 116 Sport Plus pop up pull behind.It has a fresh water holding tank. I cant seem to find the location of the pump. Reason for looking, No pressure or sound of the pump. Looked all over and there is no indication th...

352 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Raising TC Off Bed

Newbie here with a question about my first truck camper.I have read that you can add rubber mat to the floor of the truck bed to raise the TC. This appears primarily to keep the shelf from contacting the roof of the truck.So far, so good.I would then...

Prolite by Roulette

Hello all, I’ve sold my 38’ Class A MH and am looking at a 2000lb TT. This company is based in Canada and makes what looks like a great little trailer, I’m looking at the Prolite Escapade. Lots of function. They seem to be hard to find in the lower 4...

Rhiman by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes