Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

7 way socket not working

Hello - 1st time camper owner here & having some trouble with my pickup. Whenever I plug my 7 way plug into the socket of my pickup I have no lights/brakes on my travel trailer. I plugged into a relatives truck to make sure the outlet on the travel t...

Corner3 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick Connect for Extra Batteries in truck bed?

Looking for recommendations for power connections for extra batteries in my truck bed? I have carried 2 extra batteries in bed of truck for years now to power my inverter for 110 AC power for my CPAP. Have just run cables out thru one of the "basem...

TCBob by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Gnats

We spray the toilet & the garbage more than daily. We even sprayed the grounds & underneath the trailer, & still the gnats persist. Is there any way to get rid of them once they’re inside the house.

LuckeyUs by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting delam issue - revised 6-24, more pics

My Eagle Cap 1160 filon has let go under the bunk. But here's the interesting part - I haven't camped in the rain in years, no signs of leaks, and it's fully garaged 24x7.Input I'm looking for - Why would it have delam'd?and..What would you do to re...

Battery Charger Replacement Help!

I have a custom Nugget made in 1975. The battery charger has gone and I need to replace it but the system is custom. I think it is pretty straight forward but I would love some idea if I am right. The new chargers have several phases, can I adapt ...

Permanent propane tank for RV home storage?

I’m going to put up a shed for my 28’ TT. We live in a mild climate and use the trailer even in winter but it does freeze sometimes at night. Is it feasible to put up a permanent propane tank on site, so I don’t have to keep track of the portable tan...

Suggestions on single axle trailer and SUV tow vehicle

I've been looking at single axle trailers in the 16' range and plan on towing it with a Suburban, Expedition, or Tahoe for a 2 month stay in Baja to visit friends there. The GVW range on these vary, but look doable. Is a single axle ok for travel dow...

jimx200 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Equal-izer Hitch Bars

Hey guysWill be getting a new Imagine 2800BH next year and looking into getting a Equal-i-zer HitchI did the hitch size calculator on their website and it is telling me to get the 1400 lb version.GTW - 7995 lbsTongue weight - Dry 604 lbs - Rough actu...

2019 Northern lite

can any one please tell me the size of the furnace in a 10-2 ex cd dry bath , and will please let me know where the vents are located, and in cold weather do they seem to be in the right place and does the furnace do a good job on real cold nights. ...

A request from your new mod

Hi. Maybe some of you have noticed but Reddog1 (Wayne) is no longer moderating the TC forum and I volunteered to step in. Full disclosure, I don't own a TC (motorhome) and my DW won't let me get a pickup truck (had a beautiful 67 GMC with the big V-6...

jplante4 by Explorer II
  • 64 replies
  • 0 likes

Reference post: Love my combo for towing

We just got back from a short camping trip early this week and was so happy with how my rig pulls I just wanted to publicize it for other's reference. Previously I had a 2003 Silverado 1500 (5.3, 3:73) and pulled a 26' TT (~6k lbs). Frankly, that c...

Camping in Nebraska

Hello All, Will be traveling through Nebraska from Custer State Park, back to Indiana and wondering about you places I should make sure and stop at on my way home.Also, if I should ever stay someplace that does not have a dump station, where do you g...