Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Help what tongue weight F150

I have a 2014 F150 ford 4-4.With stock tow package.Any ball park figures on what I can safely towweight wise.Getting ready to shop for another TT.Is there a vehicle I D # that I could use to answer my question Without the vehicle exact info. Is thi...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 32 replies
  • 0 likes

towing capcity and payload capacity.

i'm trying to figure out what truck with what 5th wheeel and am finding out with the diesels it seems the towing limitations are with the payload capacities. the trucks seem like they can tow a **** load but limitations come in with regards to the pa...

mexmahon by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Will my load limit handle this

On this forum, After lots of help figuring what my truck will handle.Looks like weight limit is 7700 lbs.An F150 flex fuel with tow package.Is it likely I could find a TT, that has opposing slides,that would fall in this weight range.I’ll research mo...

rickhise by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Quick and Easy Camper Life

Here's a couple of examples why I love my camper beyond the obvious ease of camping and simplicity of carrying.#1 My wife and I travelled about 100 miles from home to attend a party for a friend a couple of weeks ago. It was in an upscale downtown ar...

Dually Mud Flaps Required?

I was watching youtube and the kydd folks just got a F450 to tow a big 5er. One comment they made was mud flaps are required on a dually. Are they really required by law in some areas?

Slideout adjustment

I have replaced by bulb seal on 2 of the 3 slides because they were tearing at the top and adjusted the slide but it is happening again. I don't wont to put new seals in before I resolve this the top of the slide is tight and the bottom has a 1" or s...

How to add support to my Short Queen?

We have our brand new Jayco Jay Flight SLX 8 212QBW.You can use the link to see the floor plan.https://www.jayco.com/products/travel-trailers/2019-jay-flight-slx-8-west/212qbw/The bed is an island short queet. Underneath the bed is the bow storage. B...

Exterior Discoloration

I have a 2008 FunFinder Xtra Toy Hauler. White fiberglass exterior. Last year we had a water leak in the roof at the right rear corner. It was properly repaired and hasn't leaked since.As a result of the leak some water must have got into the wall...

facory by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Purchasing a truck camper dilemma

So I'm currently looking at trading in my TT for a truck camper as we don't enjoy the TT as much as we thought we were going to.The issue I'm running into though is my truck (2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali) has a max payload of 2249 lbs, and by my cal...

ajcc by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel /Tire/which combo?

I have never seen anything posted on this so here goes. If you were going to upgrade your tire/wheel combo to haul more weight, which would you go with?1) Vision 81A Heavy hauler 19.5" Rims with suitable tire (Thinking Toyo M608's...orhttps://www.met...

G.M.'s in line 3.0 diesel video.

Have to say I would be hard pressed to buy any vehicle that the manufacturer stated the engine life was only 150,000 miles! I bet Mr. Truck never gets an invite to another G.M. press show again! LOLWonder why GM went to Italy to have their 3.0 diesel...

2012 Chevy Duramax Stabilitrak

So my 2012 D/A 2500 has the service stabilitrak light on. It came on 2 months ago after sitting in extreme heat of a parking lot in Orlando. Been fine in NY ever since. Now today 87 degrees and truck baked all day and the light is back on? Is it enou...

esfd243 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes