Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Raising truck camper height

I need to raise my truck campers height in the bed of my truck do to Ford raising the height of thier bed rails and cab on thier 2017 and newer f250’s. I here you can use a 4x8 sheet of polystyrene foam board. Has anyone used this and how well does i...

Any TC's on 2006 Dodge CDI. looking at exhaust brake

After spending so much time in Western states and going up and down so many hills, the T/H on my automatic transmission does not help slow the truck down. Having to use to much brake.Have been looking at exhaust brakes and was wondering if there are ...

TCINTN by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer brake controller/New trailer

Hi all, We just purchased a 2018 single axle travel trailer. We have a Tekonsha P3 brake controller in our suv. When we drove the trailer home I did some testing of the brakes prior to leaving the dealer lot. With my last truck and 5th wheel (diffe...

SB truck for an AF865

The new TC I want to order, an Arctic Fox 865 with built-in generator, requires a SB truck and weighs approx. 4,500 lbs. wet, but I ’m having trouble configuring a new truck to match.The new F350 I want to order (Crew Cab 4x4 SRW SB 6.7L diesel) spec...

Swampy K2 evaporative cooler

Hello, All, We dry camp a lot and are looking for ways to cool areas of our camper to extend our camping rips in summer. Does anyone have experience with the Swampy MightyKool Model K2? Swampy coolers are based in Mesa, AZ. Thanks for your help!

5percent by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda EU2200i gas or propane?

Planning on a buying new Honda generator EU2200i. Truck campers were do you store the gas can? I'm thinking converting it to use propane. What would be the run time with a 20lbs pound tank when using the camper A.C (11000 btu).

What is this wire for?

When I bought my Jay Flight 29BHS the entertainment system had been removed. There was just some speaker wires and one other wire coming out if this hole in the wall. There are five pairs of wires for the five speakers. But I don't know what this ...

Arnie_G by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

weight distribution - too tight?

I recently watched a youtube video on Reese weight distribution bar set up. In the video they instructed to bring the hook level with the ground and hook to hook up the chain. I was taught to bring the hook down to point much lower than that befor...

wileefox by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Sound bars

For those of you who have added sound bars, where did you put them. I bought a Visio 28” x 3” x 3”. The open area where my tv goes is 4” deep. Thought maybe the sound bar would fit in there but when I tried to push the tv back in its spot the tv woul...

Wiring question

Long story short, I installed a votage meter/usb panel in my trailer yesterday. I forgot to disconnect the batttery. Anyway, when I got done with the wiring, I tested it and got nothing. I tested the trailer lights which is what I patched into and ...

esox07 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes