Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Figuring out switches

Anyone with an Antigua here? I have three switches on the wall by fire extinguisher and only one operates anything that I can figure out. The far left one turns galley lights on (great at night for going all the way to the back of the coach to the ba...

crazyro by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Antigua 215sb Roof Repair...updated

Today I began the removal of bad patching on this 2005 Hybrid we recently acquired. The skylight and vent in the bathroom (sound familiar) was badly patched and on our first camping trip we had torrential downpours that flooded the bathroom. So sin...

2018 Keystone Bullet 243BHS

We are thinking of buying the new Bullet 243BHS. We are limited as to what we can get. We want something big enough for a family of 3 and to travel at times with a total of 6 people, but is light weight enough to be towed by our Toyota Tacoma. The B...

wyldiris by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Buying at auction

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first post. My fiancé and I have been talking for a while about buying a TT (can't talk him into a fifth wheel)and lately we've been looking at what's available at auction. We're experienced RV'ers (him more than me...

Camper pigtail was cut off !!!

Someone cut off the wires that plug into the trucks bumper connection. I have seven wires , how do I figure out how to rewire the plug so I don't burn up the camper and myself along with it? My camper is a 1987 SC polar anyone have a shematic , as I...

Dinette Bed

My husband and I bought a 2011 Joayco Swift 184BH. It has bunks on one end and a dinette bed on the other. I would like to know if anyone has made their dinette into a full time bed?We would like to but do not know the type of modifications could be ...

Fparsons by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter to charge battery

Hi Very new to truck campers. I have a single 12 volt group 27 lead acid deep cycle in my camper. I have an 1100 watt inverter in my truck(6 cyl Tacoma). If I plug my shore power w/adapter into the inverter and run the truck engine am I charging the ...

Observation back up camera for travel trailer

Hi Everyone!We are purchaseing the Rockwood 2109S travel trailer and are looking to get an observation back up camera.We would like to be able to use the camera for changing lanes when driving as well when backing up into a campsite and have the nigh...

Differences between 3/4 and 1 ton trucks ?

I’m looking at purchasing a bigger truck. Not sure if I need a 3/4 or 1 ton yet. Looking through the Auto Trader , there appears to be far more 1 ton trucks available in my area (Alberta). The price difference the 3/4 and 1 ton vehicles isn’t a great...

Weight Distribution System

I've owned popups, 5th Wheels, and Motorhomes. Recently I purchased a travel trailer (I guess we are going for the trifecta) Anyway, I'm pretty sure I want to install a Weight Distribution System to hook up to my truck. Can I just purchase anything...

nagel by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Owners manual info GMC

I bought a 2018 GMC 2500 dsl a couple days ago and today was reading the owners manual. In it about towing it said not to use tow/haul unless you were at 75% or more of gcwr. It said it was of no benefit and could cause you to use more fuel. I person...

another caulk question

This is what the "caulk" if you will looks like. I'm not sure that it's caulk, as it seems to be more like a tape they apply which squeezed out. Should I gently trim this off with a knife and then apply a bead of RV rated caulk everywhere, or is thi...