cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best and Worst Feature of your truck

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
In an effort to share knowledge about different tow vehicles, what's your favorite and least favorite feature about your current truck. Mine is the previous generation F-250 and I love the entry keypad on the driver's door. I know it's not for everyone but I use it a lot and find it very handy. My least favorite feature is the 26 gallon fuel tank. I've never been close to running out of fuel but it's always on my mind while towing. I'm likely going to add an external tank in the future to fix this short coming. I'm also glad to see Ford has increased the tank sizes on the new generation of Super Duty.
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP
90 REPLIES 90

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Trailblazer87 wrote:
2016 DMax/ Allison 2500HD 4x4 (work truck)

Pro, its paid for, though that shouldn't count. So many features for a bare bones truck it's hard to count but I guess the power is so much better than my old 8.1 liter.

Con, the stupid DEF tank under hood fill, what were they thinking?!

Best after market feature is the 60 gallon in bed tank, it let me run from Fresno, CA to Denver without stopping for fuel.

What does that 60 gallon tank full of fuel do for your rear axle carrying capacity?
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 7.3 diesel is the best engine I have ever had.
Some of the Ford electronics like the door switches and automatic lights are goofy and hard to repair.

Trailblazer87
Explorer
Explorer
2016 DMax/ Allison 2500HD 4x4 (work truck)

Pro, its paid for, though that shouldn't count. So many features for a bare bones truck it's hard to count but I guess the power is so much better than my old 8.1 liter.

Con, the stupid DEF tank under hood fill, what were they thinking?!

Best after market feature is the 60 gallon in bed tank, it let me run from Fresno, CA to Denver without stopping for fuel.
2004 31' Toymate by Automate
2016 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Wife and 2 dogs for travel companions, Blue the hound, and Ruger the Wonderhusky

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Best feature... still runs like new with 190,000
Best mod... Truetrac differentials and 4.10 gear

Worst... 4 speed automatic transmission that becomes 3 speed for towing

DirtyOil
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Ram 3500 S/B 4x4 CC Laramie
Pros - cost/paid for/reliability/smooth ride loaded or empty/even better now that the deletes are done - fuel mileage.

Cons - its black and hard to keep clean/do wish they had mounted the frame rail filter somewhere else... fixed the oil filter using a remote mount (much easier to change now). :B
2013 RAM 3500 CTD Crew 4x4 Laramie
2014 Sprinter Copper Canyon 269FWRLS

GUTS GLORY RAM

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
2014 F250 CC, SB, SRW. Love the tailgate step, rear view camera and Ford Sync system. The only dislike would be the choppy ride on washboard roads when empty.

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Best? The Ram tow mirrors.
Worst? The transmission programming

Worst, Ram tow mirrors.

Best, well the transmission programing has improved, considering its a learning transmission, but IMO its a slow learner ๐Ÿ™‚

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Jebby14 wrote:
some of my favorite features are the in bed lighting, enormous back seat, and the coyote engine as a whole.

cons are the car seat anchors are a major PITA and also dirt collects on the sides of the cab under the door.

If you mean the rear seat pulls - the ones you use to flip the back of the rear seats down - they STILL haven't changed those?

HATE those on my 2009 F150.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
some of my favorite features are the in bed lighting, enormous back seat, and the coyote engine as a whole.

cons are the car seat anchors are a major PITA and also dirt collects on the sides of the cab under the door.
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Had to think about what annoyed me and it is the fact that the back up alarm has to be turned off each time you crank and go to reverse with a trailer hooked up."

I second that and then some. On my F150 if I shut down for even a second and re-start with a trailer attached I have to shut off about three or four messages and then spend a few seconds getting the display back to where it was and restoring seat heating/cooling as desired. I really wish that it had a least a short window of time where it would just pick up right where I left it.

A couple more: Since you tell the truck what trailer is attached it should be able to remember and use the electric brake settings for each trailer. Getting into it with bad knees is a challenge even with 5 extra cost steps.

For likes; I really like the automatic wipers and lights with auto dimming, even more than I thought I would. Adaptive cruise control can be really good, especially if you are following someone for a while. Lane keeping, not so much. Overall, it really is a sweet ride.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby wrote:
Best: Cummins
Worst: Can't think of one. Love my 2014 Ram CTD.

Mike

x2 Ram CTD Laramie Longhorn 4x4 Cons- NONE!

Doss
Explorer
Explorer
2016 F350 DRW
Love the power, all the creature comforts. Came with the pigtail outlet already in the bed etc.

Had to think about what annoyed me and it is the fact that the back up alarm has to be turned off each time you crank and go to reverse with a trailer hooked up.

Basically I love the truck
2022 Cruiser RV MPG 3400BH
2022 Chevrolet 2500 HD 4x4

davidbt
Explorer
Explorer
My first diesel was a 04 D/A LT 2500. Loved the truck. Great towing rig. Cons. LB7 injector's. Now we have a 2016 2500 CTD 4ร—4 CC short box fully loaded Tradesman. Enough said.

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
love the power and turning radius.

Hate the book that came with it that has those tear out pages!
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

nohurry
Explorer
Explorer
larry barnhart wrote:
easy to an the back up camera installed as we did 3 years ago. chevman

Yeah. It's on my lengthy to-do list...:W
Carl
2007 National RV, Sea Breeze