cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Insurance for RV trip

scrapnread
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning our first out of state trip in June. At this time we have Safeco as our automobile/home insurance. Is there a better option for traveling emergencies, such as towing a TV or RV? Any help would be appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

scrapnread
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for the responses. I was interested in real life experiences so now I know the questions I need to ask our insurance agent and the answers I need to get. I appreciate your help.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I use Good Sam becuase they operate in Canada the US and Mexico. I RV in all 3 of them. I have not tested it out in Mexico.

WETSNAIL
Explorer
Explorer
We've used Allstate for years and had a few unfortunate happenings that turned out good because of their response. We have cars house and TT with them.

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Allstate Motor Club has RV Roadhelp. Once we had a leaf spring break on our trailer - they paid for someone who came out and helped me get it to a service place. Another time my Yukon lost the fuel pump. They sent two trucks - one towed the yukon, the other towed the trailer.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to

tim_and_amy
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, you should actually ask your insurance company. I have Liberty Mutual and asked them all of these questions before using them for my trailer. They confirmed that I didn't even need Coachnet or such because my truck and trailer were both covered under the "Towing" plan I have. Added to the fact that the trailer is connected to the truck it is basically "double" covered. I also have roadside assistance with them as well.
My Travel trailer NADA at time of purchase was showing 42K for Liberty Mutual, and my policy which includes, fire, theft, damage, collision/comp is $20.00 per month.
I even went as far to ask, "If I am camping and a tree falls on it, is it covered" Yes.
If it is in my driveway and a tree falls on it? Yes.
If I have it stored somewhere and it is hit, broken into, vandalized or such? Yes.
Deductible, $10.00
2012 Kodiak 300BHSL Ultimate with Fall Edition Package
2003 Ford Excursion V10 Sold!!
2005 Ford Excursion 6.0L Diesel

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
scrapnread wrote:
We are planning our first out of state trip in June. At this time we have Safeco as our automobile/home insurance. Is there a better option for traveling emergencies, such as towing a TV or RV? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know what you mean by "traveling emergencies". I don't know what you are trying to protect/insure so it's hard to know what to recommend. If it's just comprehnsive and collision any ole company will work. If it's towing, you need something more specialized. If it's vacation insurance, that's an even narrower choice. What is it you are looking for?

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
I would recommend just going with whoever you have your auto policy with, if they insure RVs. Otherwise, there's Good Sam and some others.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
AAA
Bob

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
scrapnread wrote:

Coach Net.

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
I have State Farm and needed to be towed to Amarillo from an hour east a few years ago and it worked out great. My agent called an agent in Amarillo and a flat bed tow truck arrived, put my tow vehicle on the bed and my trailer on their ball. Positioned the trailer at a campground site and my truck at the repairing dealer.
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
The two most popular roadside assistance programs seem to be:

Good Sam

Coach-Net

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Well, your on a forum owned by Camping World, which operates Good Sam Club. So you could check with GSC for road side assistance insurance. There's also AAA, which I have, and it's equivalent to GSC.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE