cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

BetterWeigh Mobile Tongue Weight and Payload Scale

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have experience using this device?

https://www.etrailer.com/Tools/Curt/C51701.html
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires
5 REPLIES 5

FlashBuddy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm going with the "snake oil" crowd. I've watched 2 or 3 YouTube videos where users tested it and decided to use the CAT scales. I may use the bathroom scale method just for a fun comparison.
2018 Ford F-250 6.7L Diesel Lariat Super Crew 4X4
Grand Design Reflection 295RL
Jan Baby the Wife & Molly the Dog

Steverino54
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like a reasonable device for what Curt designed it to do...I expect they used standard statics/dynamics equations along with Calculus I/II to develop their algorithms. The onboard computer teamed with their accelerometer take care of the calcs.

Check out their info and vids on CurtMfg.com. Like anything, it will have some sensitivity to design mods on individual vehicles, and some my not be willing to live with the effort required to adapt...but looks to me that Curt has developed a very reasonably priced ($99) tool to give specific info that would otherwise be a hassle (or impossible) to get.

I'm tempted to get one, but don't really want to take my camper off to do the baseline calibration....
2017 F550 4x4 19500# GVWR 4.88's, 84" Douglass Body w/95 gal aux water tank
2018 EC1165

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, this is really more a ride height sensor, and not an actual weight device.

I thought that maybe it was a small scale plate that had a Bluetooth connection that you'd place your tongue jack on or the load axle tires (one side at a time) onto to get weights before I opened the page to look.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like snake oil to me.
You need to use actual scales and enter the values into app, so the plug is just giving you connection with vehicle sensors.
Meaning the values on the road are going to be calculated estimates from comparing truck leveling sensors.
Did not listen to the video to the end, but not too many truck will have the sensors the app need.
Funny the guy make presentation for pretty advanced app, but has no skill to adjust his screen saver.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Nope but the reviews are pretty good. My tongue weight just doesn't change much.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad