cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Black Ants in outdoor kitchen

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hey all. I have some black ants in the outdoor kitchen compartment door. I see the stryofoam shavings they are bring out. Stated about 2 weeks ago. The normal traps are not getting them. Any good advice on how to get them out? I am not opposed to chemicals.

Thanks
Bill
8 REPLIES 8

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had ants coming into our home, invading the kitchen and upstairs. I used some Terro liquid bait traps and they are gone and have not returned. I place them outside as well when they come near the foundation.

dcb17b
Explorer II
Explorer II
x2 on the Terro. I had an infestation this summer at my house and used the liquid bait stations. It does take a little time for them to find it and get enough back to the nest to kill it but it works.
2022 F-150 STX 2,7 Ecoboost
2016 Jayco 23 BHM

yet another vote for the Terro Traps.... They work awesome ! ! You may actually see MORE after placing the traps, thats a good sign, means its working..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

WinMinnie02
Explorer
Explorer
Terro liquid it works well.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
TXiceman wrote:
I believe Ortho makes a spray called Home Defense. Might check the label.

Have you tried the home remedy from borax and sugar as a paste, placed on paper squares.

Ken

or use terro liquid ant bait. basically borax maybe with some sugar as well. Borax kills many ants and the track it back to the nest.

Works fantastic on the small "sugar" ants we get in the spring. see a few, put out a bait trap, pretty quick they come out in force creating a congo line back to home, and few hours later all gone and dead.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Ortho makes a spray called Home Defense. Might check the label.

Have you tried the home remedy from borax and sugar as a paste, placed on paper squares.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Is there anything I can use inside to get the ones that are already there?

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
You may need to treat the area around the RV with a product like Spectracide (SP).

If you can see mounds outside, use Orthene.
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot