cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Blacksplash mods

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has anyone used the stick on blacksplash panels that are available instead of the tile that uses grout? Was interested in how well the adhesive holds.
12 REPLIES 12

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
egarant wrote:
I ended up using.....now don't freak out.....a mirror as a back splash.

Cheap, light, easily cleaned, stuck to the wall with 3m tape. The biggest advantage is that it makes the kitchen look HUGE!

Don't freak about the cleaning, it's not like your deep frying fish every night. Mine hardly gets dirty at all.

Try it, you'll like it.

Sounds good to me. You always know who is doing the cooking!

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I ended up using.....now don't freak out.....a mirror as a back splash.

Cheap, light, easily cleaned, stuck to the wall with 3m tape. The biggest advantage is that it makes the kitchen look HUGE!

Don't freak about the cleaning, it's not like your deep frying fish every night. Mine hardly gets dirty at all.

Try it, you'll like it.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears, 013 Eagle Cap 950, 480 Watts Solar, 3K Victron Multiplus II, Victron smart DC-DC charger, Victron 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back SplashI settled on using 12X12 stick down flooring vinyl for my back splash modification. I will see how it holds up. Looks good at this point.">back splash modification

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Did you see this thread that Wagonqueen Truckster posted

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28131907.cfm
Not peel & stick but nice
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I did not use that particular material, but proper way to make good job with peel&stick is pull the backing paper at the edge where we start, stick the edge to the wall and then slowly roll-out the backing paper from the behind, while smoothing the wrap from the center to the edges.
This way small error can be corrected without creating disaster.

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all your help and advise. Think I'll turn the heat on in the camper and spend some time taking care of that little project.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, I remodeled (almost my entire house), but specifically the laundry room. I installed a farmer's sink with a high faucet. I installed a glass tile backsplash (with 1 inch squares). I used a stick on adhesive (like a sheet of paper) that was sticky on both sides. The only problem was, there was no room for error. Once attached, the tiles never moved. I then followed with grout between the tiles and then bordered the entire thing with wood trip. Turned out real nice.

That was 4 years ago and it's still looks new. No granted, that was inside a house that doesn't move. But if I were to do something like this in the camper, I wouldn't hesitate a moment. If you are using a rubber or vinyl tile and the sticky paper glue, I think it will last longer than your camper. That stuff is incredibly strong!

RedRocket204
Explorer
Explorer
Photomike wrote:
Funny, I have been looking at doing this to mine to update the looks but I have a friend that "HATES" the looks of them as he thinks they cheapen a RV.

Not his RV so he doesn't have to look at it. ๐Ÿ™‚

I did this to my TT last spring and I also have not had any issues with it. My wife loves the updated look.

I only butted up the tiles to the window frame and plastic counter strip and it still looks really good. I did remove all outlets and blinds.
I love me some land yachting

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Funny, I have been looking at doing this to mine to update the looks but I have a friend that "HATES" the looks of them as he thinks they cheapen a RV. After seeing how nice it looks after the install I think I will have to do the same thing. Thanks!!!
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Haven't, but here is a good video on the process and results...

Stick on back splash>>>>CLICK

That's exactly what I did and it works great! Kinda pricey but really makes the camper look good. I'm amazed how well this stuff sticks, but is easy to reposition. Mine has been on all year. The heat doesn't loosen it but if you ever wanted to peel it off, it won't tear the vinyl underneath. There's no special prep for the wall either. I just used those throw-away wipes for kitchen and baths. The hardest part was taking down the mini blinds and putting them back up. Also, it's very easy to take scraps and piece them together to fill in small areas without sacrificing a hole panel.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't, but here is a good video on the process and results...

Stick on back splash>>>>CLICK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I've seen a post with the pictures after install so, it has been done. Hopefully you can get a reply with some mileage behind it.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk