cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bought our TT yesterday! 06, Hornet, Bunkhouse

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
I've been a wee busy lately and haven't posted or even looked in here in forever. But...I HAD to hop on here and tell y'all we finally bought our TT.
After working with our sales guy for months, I got the message all prospective newbie tt owners anticipate... A camper would be arriving the next day, exactly what we want, and in our budget.

We purchased a 31 ft, Keystone Hornet BH, sleeps 10, w slide. Its AWESOME!!! Thanks to reading on here for months, I know older isn't always a bad thing. This tt is SPOTLESS! It does need tires, but that's about it. We even like the decor. My kids were floored when they got home yesterday and "the Mammoth" was parked in the yard and we said Surprise!

Just thought I'd share. Can't wait to get to the cg! It will be several weeks b/c its still too cold for me.
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.
http://thefrugalhappycampers.blogspot.com/
12 REPLIES 12

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
Yep Caveman, F,lol. this morning it was 3. Memphis set a record cold yesterday and various local places set record cold "highs" for the day. We just don't have the snow and winter precip other places are getting right now, thank God. Sarah (Me) HATES winter weather! Like with a passion. You won't hear me complain a peep about 110 degrees in the shade with 100% humidity though. lol.
On a camper note, got the sheets and towels moved in yesterday and coffee mugs. My mil is giving me a thermal coffee pot she and fil don't like. That's what I wanted for the tt, so I can just set it outside on the table and not wake up DH b/c I get up early and he sleeps late camping. Free is a good bonus too!
We're not putting in a tv just yet, have been pretty strict with the kids about electronics at the cg as well. We allow them to have them at night in bed to unwind while we sit outside and have a beverage.
There's a park not far from here,like 30 mins, that I think will be good to do a one night iron out the kinks, get used to hauling and parking this big beast soon. Just like a Sat night type trip. First warm weekend in late feb or March. I didn't think that park had water hookups, but not that I know it does, it will be great for the first trip.
Proud owners of 2006 Keystone Hornet 31ft. BH. Camp with the DH, 2 DS, & Axel the Rottweiler.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
-2 (if you mean Fahrenheit ) is purty darn cold for me even in MN. I prefer it to be above 20. Anything below 0 makes me want to stay in the house.

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
Could someone please tell me how to post a few pics? I've used the search button and tried to figure it out in the advanced form, but can't seem to get it to work? THanks

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
Oh but it CAN get that cold in TN Caveman. It was -2 when the kids got on the bus today and only 9 right now. That may not be cold to someone in MN, but to us here unaccustomed to such frigid temps, it IS cold. There are school districts locally that have called school off b/c of the temps. I'll let the hubs handle the pipes when he gets back with my help. I honestly wouldn't know where to start. I'm no helpless woman, to be sure, just not gonna attempt to fix something I wouldn't know was broken.
Once it gets into the 40's at night and I know there's enough propane to run the heater we WILL dry camp in the yard. I'm just as excited as they are. :)The first trip is planned for the last week of March to the lake I grew up on in N. Ms an hr from here. Going to book it next week. We may just get a bug up our butts before hand though and just tear out. I don't like the cold though, but by the end of March it will be tolerable. I know our winter hasn't been as harsh as up North, but we've set record colds here. Hoping it kills many bugs that didn't get killed last yr bc our winter was so mild.

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it's plugged into the house put a electric space heater in there. It will probably get warm enough to let the kids sleep in and then you can look for broken pipes etc. (It can't get that cold in TN. )

DukeAJuke
Explorer
Explorer
TnCamperMama wrote:
I've been a wee busy lately and haven't posted or even looked in here in forever. But...I HAD to hop on here and tell y'all we finally bought our TT.
After working with our sales guy for months, I got the message all prospective newbie tt owners anticipate... A camper would be arriving the next day, exactly what we want, and in our budget.

We purchased a 31 ft, Keystone Hornet BH, sleeps 10, w slide. Its AWESOME!!! Thanks to reading on here for months, I know older isn't always a bad thing. This tt is SPOTLESS! It does need tires, but that's about it. We even like the decor. My kids were floored when they got home yesterday and "the Mammoth" was parked in the yard and we said Surprise!

Just thought I'd share. Can't wait to get to the cg! It will be several weeks b/c its still too cold for me.

Congrats! I would make sure to check the roof for leaks or cracks so you can keep it spotless!

TnCamperMama
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks y'all! We've camped for 3 years in my FIL's hi low camper, but he upgraded to a 30ft tt last fall. The kids want to sleep in it NOW, but its too cold here in TN to do that yet.
We're so excited! I don't know how to post pics on here, or I'd show off "The Mammoth" as I'm calling it,lol.
It still had some water in it when we brought it home, and its now frozen on the bathroom floor. I've mopped it up as best I can. My DH is out of town working right now, so we will have to wait to address the issue. everything is frozen right now, I'm just praying no pipes burst. I'm not hooking up any water to it yet. It's plugged into the house right now so I can turn on the heater and have lights when moving in.
Thankfuklly I've been stocking up on extra items like dishes and blankets, so I don't really have to buy anything for it, helping keep down start up cost. I gotta buy sheets for the quad bunks,but am just going to buy new sheets for my kids beds and use the old ones in the camper. I do have to buy a new coffee pot, but not sure exactly what type I want yet.
Y'all have a great day!

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Congratulations. Do some camping in your back yard before you head out too far from home so that you can get the hang of it and get a idea of what you do and don't want to take with you.

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new TT!

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I have owned a 06 Hornet for 8 years and it has been a great TT. Enjoy it
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

samandberta
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
congrats, you got a big one too, easier to back up in my opinion, have a blast