cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bumper Grill

JWP127
Explorer
Explorer
We just purchased a 2018 Venture Sporttrek 336VRK Touring. I'm looking for a swing out bumper grill. I've seen grills and the swing out arms sold separately online, but I'm looking for the complete setup.

Thanks
12 REPLIES 12

OleManOleCan
Explorer
Explorer
I cook a lot.
I bring a Blackstone Griddle, A Weber, and a single burner for a Discada.
I set em up on a table under a tent when we get set up.

(I'm the guy who smells up the camp ground cooking a Low Country Boil.
Or BBQs Ribs ect...)

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get the Weber Q, it works really well, and can be set up to work off of the on board propane. I used the one that came with the camper 1 time, and put it on EBay. The Weber Q has been going strong for 12 years.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

beermanjoe
Explorer
Explorer
My bumper grill is almost 5 years old and still new. I have a Coleman Road trip grill. It`s an awesome grill.
2018 Ram 2500 4x4 CC 4.10 gears 2020 Shadow Cruiser 329QBS

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Our Bullet came with a bumper grill. It's stored in our garage for when we trade for another camper, lol.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

stevemorris
Explorer
Explorer
sort of off the topic, but the only decent portable bbq we ever had was the costco stainless bbq. its the only one hot enough to cook a steak nicely
2017 Ram 1500 4door, 4x4, 5.7 l hemi, 8 speed
2008 KZ Spree 260

oomkin
Explorer
Explorer
We have the Solaire SOL-EV17A (just two of us) and have been very pleased with it. Cooks well and is fairly easy to clean up. Only had it a few months, but it seems well made.

One thing to keep in mind (that I had not thought of before purchasing). We camp in bear country (Colorado mountains) and are required to put the grill inside a vehicle (car/truck/trailer) at night. Our grill is free standing. I just set it on a table to use and put it in the basement at night. Easy-peesy.

fdwt994
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I'm in the minority here. I like the bumper mounted unit due to its close proximity to my outdoor kitchen and the fact that I don't have to find table space for it. Getting ready to replace our six year old unit with another of the same kind. They're hard to find though. Hopefully others know of places other than CW or AZ.
2018 F250 6.2 Crew Cab
2018 Salem Hemisphere GLX 312QBUD
A family who loves to camp!

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Have a ladder? Grand Adventure likes this ladder mounted grill.

https://youtu.be/JtuegaAy6sA

Long Long Honeymoon likes the Weber Q1200 table top grill

https://youtu.be/nkHE6C6Dyjo

I bought a table top Char Broil x200 infrared grill based on several recommendations from forum members on either RV.net, iRV2.com or RVForum.net and I don't recall which ones.I am yet to try it, thinking I will here at the house in the next day or two.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
Have a ladder? Grand Adventure likes this ladder mounted grill.

https://youtu.be/JtuegaAy6sA

Long Long Honeymoon likes the Weber Q1200 table top grill

https://youtu.be/nkHE6C6Dyjo

I bought a table top Char Broil x200 infrared grill based on several recommendations from forum members on either RV.net, iRV2.com or RVForum.net and I don't recall which ones.I am yet to try it, thinking I will here at the house in the next day or two.

Charles

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Weber Q and have never used my bumper grill on either of my TTs.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

camper1013
Explorer
Explorer
Unless your hard set on a bumper mount, look at other options. I got rid of mine and got a Weber Q.

The grills are small, not as nice and my biggest issue I had is they bounce when people are walking around inside. I had a foil bag of potatoes end up on the ground. That was the last time I used mine.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
This guy seems to have it all,including grill.
Bills Bumper Q
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C