cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bunk End Canvas

SLSAntigua
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Anyone ever take you bunk ends off or have the sides pop out? My canvas is inserted into a metal slot along the sides and I noticed that towards the bottom, the canvas has popped out. I am sure other manufactures are similar. There is a hard rubber end the end gets inserted into the metal slots. I am able to reinsert it but it won't always stay.
Steve, DW, 2 DDs
2006 Starcraft Antigua 215SSO
2011 Chevy Silverado LT
Primus Brake, Reese WDH and sway control
2 REPLIES 2

Habs33
Explorer
Explorer
I had some damage caused by leaving my pooch in the trailer while moving campsites and left the rear bunk open! There were a bunch of little screws (about 12 of them) that I removed, then took the bunk end out of the little slot. Had the canvas repaired at a boat place, then re-installed. You may want to simply add another tiny screw or two which should go through the aluminum slot and into the canvas backing. Like 1/4 inch screws I had to buy a special #1 sized roberson bit but worked like a charm. Good luck

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
I never had this happen. We're on our second HTT, but I recall our first one, also a Jayco, there was a small screw at the top and bottom of the channel holding in the rubber end.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)