cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t figure out this switch....

Glowrdr
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a 2019 Salem 27rkss this spring, and have used it a few times now. I just now noticed that there is a switch just inside the main entry door, and it’s like 6-8 inches off the floor. Never saw it before since it’s behind my recliner (wife’s not here at the moment so I stole her spot)

When I switch it, I can tell it’s doing something as the lights flicker like it’s a pretty solid load somewhere. Any idea what this could even be? It’s a standard switch, just like the rest of the lights in the camper. It’s been in the off position this whole time, and I haven’t found anything not working. Driving me nuts!
9 REPLIES 9

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
naturist wrote:
drsteve wrote:
I unhooked the underbody lights on the left side of mine, I can't see them anyway, and figured the neighbor might not want to look at them.

As your neighbor on the left side, thank you for that. I don't mind a bit your lighting up your site, all night if you want, but sometimes I'd like just a wee bit of darkness up under my awning.

I agree and I thank you also

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
drsteve wrote:
I unhooked the underbody lights on the left side of mine, I can't see them anyway, and figured the neighbor might not want to look at them.

As your neighbor on the left side, thank you for that. I don't mind a bit your lighting up your site, all night if you want, but sometimes I'd like just a wee bit of darkness up under my awning.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

sgfrye
Explorer
Explorer
i have switch in same location on 2018 wildwood tt, it is for understep lights

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 5th wheel trailer had an unknown switch and I finally figured out it was for the two side mounted large round scare light near the rear of the trailer up at the roof level... Never thought to look for lights coming 'ON' on the outside...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Glowrdr
Explorer
Explorer
Bingo - I’ve got underbody lights on the step side. Are those generally on both sides? Or is it normal to just have them on the one side (ala step light purpose)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Or maybe a step light?

Glowrdr
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll check that out - my awning strip is powered via remote, or on the actual control panel. Your idea almost makes me wonder if I have underbelly lighting in this thing.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I have a switch in that location that turns on a strip of LED lights on the tube of the awning. Can't tell anything is on unless the awning is out.