Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Can you recommend some "Wireless Tow Lights"

Just_Cruzzin
Explorer
Explorer
Now that we bought a toad I'm been looking at different tow lights
and think I want wireless type. But Youtube and reviews seem to be
conflicting in many areas. Kind of like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.
6 REPLIES 6

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I saw a set of rear lights with the magnetic bottom and wiring to front like any other trailer 4 wire plug very cheap at outdoor market in Yuma last year. I was going to buy them even though I didn't need them cause they were only a few dollars. They are available anywhere.

ugh
Explorer
Explorer
Would it be cheaper and far more reliable to hard wire it for lights? Its really easy to do.
---------------------------------
2001 F250 5.4 3.73
2015 Wildwood X-Lite 262BHXL

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Been using ours for 3 years now and the comment about loading batteries every day is pure BS. A set of batteries will last 3-6 months of regular towing. If you left the taillights on 24/7 and used the brake light every 2 minutes then you "might" have to replace every few days, but some folks have never used them, so have no idea how they work. I bought the ones recommended on the 411 towing forum when I did the research. Pricy ? not really, when you figure the cost of a custom wired system with diodes and such. The newer ones today are even better and I would go to the 411 forum or another tow truck forum and do the research.

The reason I went with wireless was that the GM dealer knew we towed our trucks and flat told me, that the electrical/electronics warranty would be void if there was any intrusion into the factory wiring harness other than a plug & play system. To me, $175ยฑ was cheap piece of mind to keep my warranty intact.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Just Cruzzin wrote:
Kind of like 6 of one, half dozen of the other.

That's a rousing vote of confidence in a product, when you consider the source.

I only start worrying about the quality of the product when the negative feedback approaches 90%.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would suggest you find a tow truck forum and inquire there. They have high quality wireless marker and brake lights in that industry. I'm sure you would pay good money for them, and I'm sure the battery life isn't good enough to last all day without recharging though.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Interesting. Didn't know they made them. Ones I checked them out seems like batteries are pricey. Load them up with $15 worth of batteries every day you're on the road. Batteries are good for 24 hours. That could add up fast. Why not just get your toad wired? They make a wiring harness for some toads that make it easy to wire. If not just hire it done. Couple of months on the wireless system buying batteries would more than pay for having your toad wired.