cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chalet/Takena factory

plgamble
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, Over the last few months, we have decided to get a Takena 2265 EX, we have a Chalet now, and are ready to move up. Ive called the factory a few times recently, and emailed them through their website, and have gotten no reply. A listed dealer near LA, hasn't had any stock in a year, and thought they were having problems. Anyone hear any rumors, or know anything, please let me know. Looking for a new or gently-used Takena 2265 EX, will travel.

Thanks! phil
6 REPLIES 6

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer

RobertRyan
Explorer
Explorer
gheicher wrote:
Chalet had some unique features on their A-Frames that Aliner didn't. However, the A-Frame market now is getting a bit crowded with the addition of Jayco and Coachman - That's going to significantly reduce market-share Chalet previously enjoyed. Perhaps they will focus on the Talkena line, however that's another really competitive product area. Even though I'm an Aliner owner, I hope Chalet can get back into the RV market. Be nice if they could do some of the unique stuff we see from Australia.

That would be covered by Copyright by Avan. Maybe they could do something who knows? We also have Bolwell here who do A Frames. Better known for industrial composites including HDT bodies

gheicher
Explorer
Explorer
Chalet had some unique features on their A-Frames that Aliner didn't. However, the A-Frame market now is getting a bit crowded with the addition of Jayco and Coachman - That's going to significantly reduce market-share Chalet previously enjoyed. Perhaps they will focus on the Talkena line, however that's another really competitive product area. Even though I'm an Aliner owner, I hope Chalet can get back into the RV market. Be nice if they could do some of the unique stuff we see from Australia.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
I hope they make it they were building a really nice well built trailer for the money
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson

Badskwrl
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, I spoke with the Chalet office yesterday. The company was sold, and the new owner is not building anything at this time, but hopes to be up and running within a year. The parts and service departments are open. So there's that.

seaeagle2
Explorer
Explorer
Here's what I know, late 2013 or early 2014, the factory roof collapsed due to snow load. Since that time I've heard various things, it seems like they were going to redo all three production lines, folding trailers, campers and travel trailers. They were going to get one building going with either the folding trailers or campers (it seems those are their bread and butter and where the money is), and then build a second factory for the travel trailers. At one time they posted on their facebook page that they were shipping folding trailers again. I tried calling a few times because we wanted a 1860 or 1860BH, but never got a straight answer. We ended up buying a used one. One dealer we talked to said if they get a used Takena in, it's gone within a week usually. I guess this is a long winded way of saying that I'm not sure if they're still in business or not....
2014 F 250 Gasser
2019 Outdoors RV 21RD
"one life, don't blow it", Kona Brewing
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life there'd be a shortage of fishing poles" Doug Larson