cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing a light bulb

dvitale300
Explorer
Explorer
OK, little embarrassing. I have a new Starcraft 28BHS and need to change a few light bulbs. Since a lot of the interior wood is made of pressboard, I don't want to jam or pull anything too much - or I will be breaking stuff.

The bulbs I have to change are in domes - and I cannot figure out how to get them off so I can get to the bulb. They don't screw on or off (they're oval), and while there are two little openings on the sides of the domes, putting pressure, screwdriver, etc. doesn't seem to have any effect. Anyone have experience with these things?

thanks
3 REPLIES 3

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
^^^What they said. And sometimes you have to squeeze or push them pretty hard.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a video on the basics....I don't use a knife like they suggest because I'm afraid I'll crack the lens...I just slide them off...squeezing and moving the lens away from the switch.

Video...LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my ceiling mounted dome lights i just press in on both side of the lens near the center of the light fixture. Then just slide outward. You should be able to see the slide slots on the inside of the lens...

Lens should fall into your hands when slid outward...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS