cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Closing up Surveyor SV236ST

Ron_Schulz
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a used 2007 Surveyor hybrid. Came with all the manuals except for the one on the RV itself. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to fold up the tents, mattress etc so I can close up the ends without squeezing the ends in. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Does anyone have an owners manual I can buy a copy of? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
Ron & Sue Schulz, fur-child Lilly
Proud Army Dad
US Navy/Vietnam Vet.
Retired Service Tech- 34 years
5 REPLIES 5

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2004 Starcraft. One of the beds cold not be closed with the mattress left on. Way too tight of a squeeze against cabinets. So we removed it and stood it upright. With the slide out in it would hold it in place while towing. The other bed had a place for the mattress to fold into.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

Ron_Schulz
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice. Checked out the videos and saw exactly what I needed....
Proud Army Dad
US Navy/Vietnam Vet.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
most manufacturers only provide a generic owner's manual, which only covers basic RV systems. none are model-specific. heck they aren't even RV-type specific.

look at RVW's video library, for their Rockwood Roo videos. a couple of them show setting up the tent ends and folding up the tent ends.

the Roo will be a little different but the basics are the same.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Ron_Schulz
Explorer
Explorer
That does seem to make sense to me. The dealer we bought it from showed me how to clip the mattress down and fold up the other end of it to allow it to stay in place while closing the hatch but when I tried it, no good...
Proud Army Dad
US Navy/Vietnam Vet.

rock077
Explorer
Explorer
We had a 2006 Surveyor. The mattresses were thicker than other HTT's. They had to be moved off of the bunk ends, then fold the tent onto the door and close. We bungied the mattresses upright against the ends.

There is not a useful owners manual to any RV I have seen.
PUP 4 seasons, HTT 4 seasons, Fiver 9 seasons, DP 2 seasons.
Current - Class C, Forrester