cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contemplating the 2017 Platinum F350

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've got an opportunity to sell my 2016 Platinum for what I believe to be a very good price, especially reletive to what I paid for it. Then I look at what they want to go to a new one and I think I might just keep what I have. How much more would you be willing to pay for a new '17 Platinum vs a '16 Platinum with 30k miles?
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
88 REPLIES 88

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
Congratulations, it looks great!

How does it compare to the 2016?

I really like my 2016. I like the gauge cluster better on the 2016. I like the light steering on the '16 but expect I'll get use to the feel of the new one. I might even like the overall look of the '16 better. I'm going to be somewhat saddened to see the '16 leave my yard......on the other hand I will be thrilled to get it sold. Today was the first time I've seen the '17 Platinum. It is the first time I had the opportunity to drive the new style truck. The '17 is amazing. The ride is much better than the outgoing model. Little things like where the buttons are placed seems better. The '17 is noticeably more powerful. Massage seats are going to be appreciated. Larger fuel tank is much appreciated. Automatic tailgate opening will come in handy.....I like the adaptive cruise control...the auto dimming headlights, much better/brighter headlights and rain sensing wipers. The seats in the 2016 are amazing but I think the '17 has even nicer leather. I can't hardly wait to see how it pulls.
B&W Companion

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like a jewel...
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, it looks great!

How does it compare to the 2016?
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
B&W Companion

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
transamz9 wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Well its about done. I found a dealer willing to do a little better. Still not quite a Ram kind of a deal, but my name is on a new 2017 that is supposed to arrive in about three weeks .... Never did take anything for a test drive, step foot in a Ram of Chevy dealer nor have I seen what the new Ford Platinums look like. I hope you guys steered me right.:B

Congrats on the new truck! What color is it?

Looking forward to seeing pics of it towing the Citation! :B

It is magnetic. Its at the dealership but I haven't seen it yet. I've actually not been to the dealership yet. Based on pics of other magnetic f350s that I've seen I'm thinking of ordering some after market rims for it.

magnetic is a beautiful color.

Well thanks....I just got off the phone with the salesman. I told him I'm in no hurry for the truck so if they want to sell it and put my a name on another that hasn't come in yet they can do that..... So now I don't know what color I'm getting or exactly when I'm getting it. It gives me a little more time to try to sell my '16 for a little more than wholesale.
B&W Companion

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
1jeep wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
I was looking at the tow ratings of the new Super Duty and how they compare to the out going model. I am encouraged to see that the new tailgate height is the same as the old

2015 towing guide

2017 towing guide

mot in DRW form, 2017 is much taller than the previous DRW.

Yes the '17 DRW is apparently about 2 inches taller than the 2016. looks like it is about the same.
B&W Companion

1jeep
Explorer II
Explorer II
4x4ord wrote:
I was looking at the tow ratings of the new Super Duty and how they compare to the out going model. I am encouraged to see that the new tailgate height is the same as the old

2015 towing guide

2017 towing guide

mot in DRW form, 2017 is much taller than the previous DRW.
2016 Ford F350 crew cab dually 6.7 platinum with heavy tow and 4:30 gears
2015 Carbon 327 with a BMW k1600 and Canam 1k inside

transamz9
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Well its about done. I found a dealer willing to do a little better. Still not quite a Ram kind of a deal, but my name is on a new 2017 that is supposed to arrive in about three weeks .... Never did take anything for a test drive, step foot in a Ram of Chevy dealer nor have I seen what the new Ford Platinums look like. I hope you guys steered me right.:B

It is magnetic. Its at the dealership but I haven't seen it yet. I've actually not been to the dealership yet. Based on pics of other magnetic f350s that I've seen I'm thinking of ordering some after market rims for it.

magnetic is a beautiful color.
2016 Ram 3500 Mega Cab Limited/2013 Ram 3500 SRW Cummins(sold)/2005 RAM 2500 Cummins/2011 Sandpiper 345 RET (sold) 2015 Sanibel 3601/2008 Nitro Z9 Mercury 250 PRO XS the best motor made.

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
blofgren wrote:
4x4ord wrote:

B&W Companion

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III

2015 towing guide

2017 towing guide
B&W Companion

walker111
Explorer
Explorer
Companion BW will fit. Mine went from 2012 to my 17. Love it!

JTrac
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
So.....I think my B&W 5th wheel hitch with the 2016 Ford factory puck system should drop into the 2017 bed. Or does it???

Yes, it absolutely should. I know of no changes between the 16's and 17's.
JimT
2020 Jayco Pinnacle 32RLTS, 2020 Ford F350, Platinum, 6.7 diesel, 4X4, CCLB, SRW, 12,400 GVWR

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
So.....I think my B&W 5th wheel hitch with the 2016 Ford factory puck system should drop into the 2017 bed. Or does it???
B&W Companion

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Sunnyside42 wrote:
This attitude is what’s been driving me nuts, and keeping my cash in my pocket. I was ready to buy twice over the past month, and dealers around Charlotte aren’t dealing. They act either like a bunch of circus carnies or like they aren’t interested in actually selling a truck. With that type of treatment, I’m seriously considering buying 2-3 states away.

That was the same attitude I got when I was looking to order my 2016 Ram. Would think with the number of Ram dealers in and around the Charlotte area, they'd be trying to sell a truck. For giggles, I had gotten a price from Dennis Dillon in Idaho was seeing how close the locals here would come. Long story short, ended up in Idaho saving over $4 grand over what the "best" price here in Charlotte.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
4x4ord wrote:
Well its about done. I hope you guys steered me right.:B

Don't blame it on us. I think you new where this was going back on page 1!:W
Congrats on new truck:)
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637