cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Crossroads vs Jayco?

turkii
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently on the "dealership circuit" deciding on which travel trailer to purchase. We have seen the floor plan we like in a Wildwood, KZ, Keystone, Shasta, Jayco, and Crossroads. We are planning a few more field trips but right now I am torn between the Sunset Trail series by Crossroads or the Jayco Flight series. Anyone have any preference or thoughts between these two manufacturers?
11 REPLIES 11

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
The Sunset Trails Reserve version would be preferred over the Jayco Jay Flight IMO.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

DarylSue
Explorer
Explorer
JAYCO!!!!!
Daryl/Sue, part time kids and 2 GC

2013 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE
2012 Chevy Silverado CC 4x4
w/HD tow pkg.
Voyager BC
Reese Dual Cam/WD

ckwizard777
Explorer
Explorer
Well nearly every manufacturer has the same floor plan so for me it always comes down to construction. The Jayco's and Crossroads are both built well but Jayco uses laminated walls and Crossroads uses hung walls.
I would take hung walls over laminated any day of the week, However Jayco's frame is way better than Crossroads or at least it used to be so... tough call.
Ken
Ken & Deb
2008 Montana 3400
2007 Chevy 3500HD CC,LB Dually 8.1

twins89
Explorer
Explorer
I stand by Jayco's customer service. My second choice would probably be the KZ - not a Crossroad. Like it has been said there is no perfect RV, get the best floor plan that fits your family and has a dealer that stands behind the product. Of course the $$$ is also factor unless you have a money tree out back and if you do, provide me your address.
Western New Yorkers with a Westie
2000 F350 DRW 7.3 PSD crew cab
2010 Jayco Designer 37rlqs

spike99
Explorer
Explorer

Each brand of trailer has its own pros and cons. I've yet to find a 100% quality trailer.

If planning to keep the RV/TT for < 5 years, I'd focus on floor plan. Most quality (or lack of quality) items appear after 3-4 year mark. For example, leaky windows, leaky roof, screw heads letting go, etc. etc. Yes. One might have a few initial burst of "fixings" (stuff missed down the factory line) but the out of warranty expensive items will most likely appear after 5+ years.

Besides floor plan, do look a feature as well. My Jayco has a white color awning. Being white, it shows every fly poop and spec of dust. The CrossRoads trailer across from us has a brown color awning material. He only needs to wash his awning 1 x per year (instead of every 3 months). I like the CrossRoads roof better than my Jayco roof. Their roof has a better convex curve and their trailer gets much less black streaks (due to better roof material). They like my Jayco's layout much better (compared to their CrossRoads). Thusโ€ฆ Pros / Cons when comparing against each maker.

Bottom lineโ€ฆ Just like buying shoes, which maker "feels" best to you?

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have had my ST29SS crossroads for over a year. No complaints.

mwebber78
Explorer
Explorer
Both are good trailers, kind of an odd comparison as the new Whitehawk for 2014 moved up in features to be similar to the Sunset Trail. Between the two the Jayco has double the warranty and will be a bit heavier.
2013 Jayco Eagle 334RBTS
Disclaimer for the daft: Don't confuse my opinion with facts.

Goldstalker
Explorer
Explorer
We love our Crossroads, never owned a Jayco.
2007 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab Z71 4X4 3.73
2013 CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 250RB
2-2012 Yamaha VX Deluxe
2012 Toyota Highlander

seabeecamper
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a 2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 33BD. So far so good. The trailer is incredible. More room than I know what to do with. We love itand do not regret the purchase.
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 33BD "The Beehive"
2004 Dodge 2500 Crew Cab

U.S.N Seabee "Can Do"
NMCB-1
NMCB-7
NMCB-14

river_bravo
Explorer
Explorer
For me, it came down to floorplan, length and weight. Jayco has a great reputation, and I might have gone that direction if they had the right camper to fit my needs.
-------------------------------
2014 Sunset Trail ST240BH
2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
My last two trailers were Jayco and Crossroads, in that order. We toured both plants last year. My impressions are Jaycos are built a bit better but Crossroads is more innovative. They're both good companies, just in different ways.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.