cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealer Recommendation?

Elwoodj
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking about upgrading my tow vehicle. I want a Dodge Quad Cab drw tradesman with a diesel motor and aisin trans. Also 2wd and 4.10 drive train. I want to trade my truck and pay cash difference. I can travel nationwide for the best deal. What Dodge dealers do you suggest for the best deal?
Elwood & Kathy
36' CK3 Mobile Suite - 2006
2004 Dodge Ram Cummins 6 speed
HO 600 373
10 REPLIES 10

garyp4951
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kernersville RAM in NC

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Groover wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
Likely your preferred dealer will match, or come very close, to any deal a competitor offers. And if you find exactly what you want at a dealer 50 miles away, your local dealer might be able to get that vehicle from that dealer and sell it to you for the same price. Been there.

I have always preferred to go with the leaders, not the followers. I always give the the local dealers a chance to give me a good price and am willing to pay a little extra to get it locally but if they don't want to deal I don't force them. If you don't reward the leaders they quit leading and we all suffer the consequences. I have never had trouble getting a vehicle serviced by a dealer that I did not buy it from.

The sales guys sometimes make threats about getting vehicles not getting serviced like the ones purchased at the dealership. The service guys love the work and generally don't care where the truck came from. That said once you're out of warranty, the heck with the dealership service department - a good independent shop is better.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
Likely your preferred dealer will match, or come very close, to any deal a competitor offers. And if you find exactly what you want at a dealer 50 miles away, your local dealer might be able to get that vehicle from that dealer and sell it to you for the same price. Been there.

I have always preferred to go with the leaders, not the followers. I always give the the local dealers a chance to give me a good price and am willing to pay a little extra to get it locally but if they don't want to deal I don't force them. If you don't reward the leaders they quit leading and we all suffer the consequences. I have never had trouble getting a vehicle serviced by a dealer that I did not buy it from.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry they stopped selling Dodgeโ€™s in 2012.

Donโ€™t forget the rear air ride!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

hbillsmith
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Dallas and bought my new GMC 2500 diesel from Dennis Dillon. I shopped my purchase extensively and negotiated with 4 dealers in the Dallas area and a dealer in Shreveport and one in Little Rock and one in Tulsa. The Dennis Dillon final offer was $6,000 less than the next best deal. I approached that dealer in Plano TX and asked them to match the deal plus $1,500 (my cost to go to Idaho). They would not and said that regional costs vary so much from region to region that they could not. None of the other dealers would either. I left Dallas on Friday and arrived back on Wed in my new truck.
Wildcat2016-295rsx GMC2015-2500HD-DblCab D'max/Allisn+4x4 6.6'Bed
Maxxis235/80/16E;Andersen Ultimate2+4"offset;Airlft1 WirelessComp;GroundCtrl3;MorRyde RubbPinBox+CRE3000;3-Slidecovrs;Champion3100w/DIY ExtndRun;10'Portabote+5hp;Furrion48cam
Visited States

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad

J_R2
Explorer
Explorer
Try Atkins dodge/ford in winder, ga. Good websight also.
Ron & Joanne 06 Revolution LE 40E

rmoparman
Explorer
Explorer
Yes i agree

Last year i was looking. Found a DRW Trademans for 50K With AISIN.Not worth flying and going around country. Do your homework and will pay off.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
LOL....A dealer in Boise can save the OP enough to justify driving from GA, 4300 miles round trip? Even at 25 mpg which is a fantasy that's $550 at least in fuel, close to a week in time, and a few bucks in meals and hotels along the way. Your best deal on a new vehicle is usually within 60 miles of your home. No one can tell me the OP can not find a dealer in GA that can make the same deal any other dealer anywhere in the country can make.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dennis Dillon near Boise,ID seems to be the lowest price right now.