cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dealers wanting your 3/4, 1 ton Ram

Jebster
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone getting calls from your Ram dealer wanting to buy your 3/4 or 1 ton Ram? I have had them call me 4 times wanting my 2012 2500. Wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade to a 3500.
32 REPLIES 32

kw_00
Explorer
Explorer
Lol, got 2 of them today from the same dealer...... One for the 07 Camry and one for the 09 GMC... According to the letter, both are in absolutely high demand and they would give me top I mean top dollar..... Lol it's the same when I took the Camry to the dealer a few weeks ago for a recall... I mean it's got the service work done and no keys...,who had them....?? Yep a sales guy so glad to see me.... Telling me with the low miles and mint condition qualifying for the highest trade in.... Of course I got slightly frustrated, got my keys and left before the last word came out of his mouth...
A truck, a camper, a few toys, but most importantly a wonderful family.

Chuck_thehammer
Explorer
Explorer
this practice has been around for what 60 years.... been missing for a while.. but still an OLD practice...

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
gcloss wrote:
Still waiting for a letter from Chrysler telling me my 2012 Ram 2500 is part of their government forced buy back program.

Me too. Is there a buy back or not?
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

SolidAxleDurang
Explorer
Explorer
wanderingbob wrote:
Trade it in or sell it yer self , If you got , lets say a newer truck of thirty thousand or thirty five thousand dollar trade , always remember the sales tax is based on the trade difference not the retail price . Trade in may save you two thousand or more in sales tax depending on your state . Do not assume you always win by selling it your self !

I wish that was always true.
TV = 15 Ram 3500 Dually 6.7 / CC-LB / CTD / Aisin / 3.42 / 4wd / EBrake
5er = 12 Keystone Avalanche 330RE
Toys = 08 Kawasaki Brutie Force 650i 4x4 ( x2 ๐Ÿ™‚ ) 14 Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:

Its just a sales gimmick to get you in the dealership.

No truer words were ever spoken! Got one of those calls after taking my '05 3500 to dealer for service. Funniest call of all was from a Toyota dealer after taking my daughter's '04 Corolla in for service and a recall repair. Car has 198,000 miles on it and looks like it went through a war. This sales weasel calls and tells me how the used car manager saw it and wanted to pay top dollar for outright purchase or trade. Outward appearance of the car being what it is, I figured I would have to pay them to take it in trade.........:B

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
:B Yeah right, I recall getting such a letter from the stealer that we bought the car from. Only the letter was for a car that we had since traded into them for a different model.

p220sigman
Explorer
Explorer
I had to laugh when I got the mailer from the dealer telling me how in demand my car was and they wanted me to trade it in with them. I had literally owned it for 2 months at that point...

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
The only thing I get in the mail from local Dodge Dealership is a coupon book with oil/filter change for $49 (Rotella 12 quarts)

And I take him up on it whenever I need an oil change
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
ata3001 wrote:
They DON'T want your current truck. What they want is for you to trade in your current truck & BUY a NEW, MORE expensive truck. That's how they make their $.

x2

Bedlam
wanderingbob wrote:
Trade it in or sell it yer self , If you got , lets say a newer truck of thirty thousand or thirty five thousand dollar trade , always remember the sales tax is based on the trade difference not the retail price . Trade in may save you two thousand or more in sales tax depending on your state . Do not assume you always win by selling it your self !

I never found that my private sale netted me less than trade in value and tax deduction. I am not professional salesman when I sell my old vehicles but always come out ahead of a trade in.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

ata3001
Explorer
Explorer
They DON'T want your current truck. What they want is for you to trade in your current truck & BUY a NEW, MORE expensive truck. That's how they make their $.
Ron & BJ
2008 Dutchmen Freedom Spirit FS180 w/full factory dark tinted glass. (9 .yrs w/o any issues)
2014 Chevy Silverado LT Dbl cab, 5.3 L, 4 WD, tow pkg, max payload pkg, Prodigy

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's a sales gimmick. The dealers in Chattanooga still send me letters wanting me to trade in my 2005 Ford F-250. No can do, because first, it is no longer road worthy, having been involved in an accident in September 2014 that totaled it and second, it is now the property of the insurance company. Having to shop the local dealers for a replacement truck was an eye opener. Lots and lots of ragged, beat on trucks being sold for far more than their book value, and that was before the obligatory dealer fees were added on. It took me four months and a search of the inventory of dealers in six surrounding states before I found a truck I could live with. There may be something to the saying that these trucks are in demand, as they are selling these junker to somebody.

Even though Rams are selling very well now, I have no issue with sales folks prospecting via snail mail. It is when it starts to become phone calls that I resist. If I like what is in the mail, I can go to the dealer and see what deal I can make. If I don't want a new truck I can trash the mail marketing. If you have ever dealt with Dave Smith in Idaho you will find a refreshing sales model based on exactly what they will sell a Ram to you. No add ons, no 'oops' we forgot to add this or that, no games. Very straight forward. Fly in or bring your trade and you are driving home in the new in less than an hour. Maybe that is why in Kellogg Idaho, a very small town, that it has the largest Ram dealer in the US or even world.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
It's a sales gimmick. The dealers in Chattanooga still send me letters wanting me to trade in my 2005 Ford F-250. No can do, because first, it is no longer road worthy, having been involved in an accident in September 2014 that totaled it and second, it is now the property of the insurance company. Having to shop the local dealers for a replacement truck was an eye opener. Lots and lots of ragged, beat on trucks being sold for far more than their book value, and that was before the obligatory dealer fees were added on. It took me four months and a search of the inventory of dealers in six surrounding states before I found a truck I could live with. There may be something to the saying that these trucks are in demand, as they are selling these junker to somebody.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy