cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delays in camper buiddate

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Called to get an update for my Host Cascade build. I signed the papers March 31, I was given a build date last of September, first of October. Build date has been pushed to end of October, first of November. Obtaining materials and components are causing the delays. I'm now thinking I may not even have my camper by the end of the year. Just venting. Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER
151 REPLIES 151

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer
SnowRiver was famous for quality and innovation - a great legacy, particularly where quality is ‘rare element’ with many of today’s offerings (fill in the _____)…Here’s an interesting bit of SnowRiver’s history:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/weekly-blog/a-celebration-of-bob-mehrer-of-interior-rv/

3 tons

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I use it to store my sand spikes.

Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:

I've been trying to post a picture for the last couple of days. Ive always like the pics so many of you post. Thought I'd show off the SR one more time. I can post more if this test works. Barry

Where are you camping that you can use that ATV?
and what goes in the tube on front of your rack?
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Mike what a beautiful camp site, I could stay there 2 weeks or more. Front hitch was custom made by Ray's racks in Mann's Harbor nc. I do not think he is still in business. He was the best back in the day. Those front racks support a great deal of weight and do quite a bit of bouncing at times no matter how gentle you are trying to treat your equipment.

This was a trip to Tuscaloosa, Alabama to pick up my smoker built by Shirley Fabrication. I had to wait 14 months for it, so worth the wait. Hoping that is how I will feel when I pick up the new Host.

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

EYEMLOST
Explorer
Explorer
Barry W wrote:

I've been trying to post a picture for the last couple of days. Ive always like the pics so many of you post. Thought I'd show off the SR one more time. I can post more if this test works. Barry

Is your front (hitch) rack stock or custom?

I use a Harbor Freight one put support it with 3 ratchet straps.

Barring building a custom one; I sure would like a store-bought rack that can actually hold it's advertised weight.
1998 FWC Grandby
1994 Ford Bronco 5.0 XL 4X4
Sky's ORD 6" Lift / Sterling 10.25 Dually 5.13 Gear Detroit Locker / '99.5 Front F-350 Leaf Springs at Rear / HMMWVtires

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Barry, we had a 6 month + production for our Mammoth. Many components are delayed with ours being the awning. Another was the furnace. It will be worth the wait! We just got back a couple hours from here on the coast.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Longshore
Explorer
Explorer
What a sweet rig! I bet you guys have a blast out there...

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I feel like I have my f350 dually ready for the new cascade. My truck has rancho 9000x shocks and Firestone air bags. Truck weighs 8260 lbs with 3/4 tank of fuel, no passengers. The truck has a gvw of 14000 lbs. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
Did they take possession of the trade in?

If you can still head out, not a huge imposition.

If they did take it, maybe you can talk them into getting you a rental unit for your trouble...at least that way you can get some time out camping.

a month ago I ordered a new truck, it will take around 15 weeks to get it.
I traded in a vehicle as a deposit on the new truck. They offered me more than I paid for the trade but could not guarantee that offer because who knows what the market will be like in 15 weeks when the truck comes in. That trade value might go down $2-3K in value. So since I have something else to drive in mean time, I went for it.

Really this deal helped them out as well because I supplied inventory when the lot is empty. They already sold my trade and I have not received my new truck.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

Longshore
Explorer
Explorer
I had a three week delay getting my WC due to an AC shortage. Coleman was backed up because of the afore mentioned issues. Then getting the truck ready...I obviously should have done that first as truck parts are all backordered too. Because of my lack of planning, it was almost three months before I was ready.

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I'm lucky I still have my SnowRiver. I want be letting it go till I can put my hands on the new one. I did not purchase from dh&v. We are getting ours from Allen Greeley at Tom's camper land in Mesa, Arizona. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

zb39
Explorer
Explorer
Hope it comes quick, Dave and the boys at D&H will take care of you. Thats where I got mine.
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B
2022 Host Cascade
2021 Ram 5500 Air ride

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Did they take possession of the trade in?

If you can still head out, not a huge imposition.

If they did take it, maybe you can talk them into getting you a rental unit for your trouble...at least that way you can get some time out camping.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Good time, bad time, who really knows that answer. For us it was the right time. Somehow you just know. I'm not looking back. I had no idea how hard it was going to be growing old. Everything takes longer to do and somethings just can't do anymore. Really looking forward to the new camper. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER