cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Denali package

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at used TTs. Found a couple that we're interested in that has a Denali package. Cannot pull up comparisions on the NADA. Where can I go to figure out the retail cost of a TT with a Denali pkg? Is there such a thing? Cuz I have seen in the forums that each dealership set their MSRPs.
10 REPLIES 10

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
Don't worry about factoring in "packages, upgrades or extras" when pricing an RV, just make a wholesale offer.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Well if you're buying used there shouldn't be any transportation fees. That's for new units transported from the manufacturing plant to the dealer....
In Michigan there is a $200 one time license plate fee to the State.
There's Michigan Sales Tax.
There shouldn't be any prep fees etc... This used unit should have been reconditioned & checked out before they put it on the lot for sale.
Now if you really want to know what used prices are then go to Yahoo - Google - Bing (etc..) search engines and enter the year and model number of the trailer you're interested in.
Then start your research by checking out all the prices. You also can go to Craigs list and RV Trader to check some prices.
You'll need time to do this.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I got off topic. ๐Ÿ™‚

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
H2OWeezie wrote:
We went to a RV show earlier this year to get a feel for whats out there and at the time I was not prepared to buy a TT but was being pushed into it(not to our liking)by a dealer and then they didn't give us a print out of what that TT was being sold to me for. I am not the type of person that spontaneous buys anything - I like to look at it and think about it. (Yes sometimes I miss out - can't tell you how many times I 'missed out' on a car cuz I dragged my feet.) The salesman wasn't happy as he wanted that sale that day. I approached him later to ask him a few more questions - he became unavailable.
I am trying to remember all the fees they were throwing onto the price.

Remember, I am buying used. I am currently corresponding with a salesperson on a TT. I wanted the 'rock bottom' price (their words not mine) and she asked if I was trading one in, if I wanted delivery, accessories ect ect. I did not want to give her the upper hand or for her to tack more money onto the price, so my reply was 'as it sits'.

Besides the price/tax/title what other fees should I prepare myself for? I will not have any delivery charge because we have a tow vehicle. (I found that delivery can be anywhere from 1.25 mile to 1.80 mile) Is it necessary for them to 'prep' it?

All input is appreciated.

All good questions might want to start another thread to get better input and coverage:

Common threads I have seen in RV Sales (although some/many claim not to pay & bargin not to pay these fees) ---

Transportation Fees added on after price of trailer (claim the conusumers has to pay the transporation fee to the dealer, not included in the price of the rv). Although a used trailer, was probaly traded in, so I don't see where there could be a transportaion fee.

Adminstartion fees

Prep Fees (some dealer charge, should be part of the sale).

Prep is for their service go over the complete systems of the trailer, confirming all works or any issues. Also they should perform a PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection) going over all systems with the new owner, explaining and showing all works. PDI's should not be a charge.

Markiemark
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
We went to a RV show earlier this year to get a feel for whats out there and at the time I was not prepared to buy a TT but was being pushed into it(not to our liking)by a dealer and then they didn't give us a print out of what that TT was being sold to me for. I am not the type of person that spontaneous buys anything - I like to look at it and think about it. (Yes sometimes I miss out - can't tell you how many times I 'missed out' on a car cuz I dragged my feet.) The salesman wasn't happy as he wanted that sale that day. I approached him later to ask him a few more questions - he became unavailable.
I am trying to remember all the fees they were throwing onto the price.

Remember, I am buying used. I am currently corresponding with a salesperson on a TT. I wanted the 'rock bottom' price (their words not mine) and she asked if I was trading one in, if I wanted delivery, accessories ect ect. I did not want to give her the upper hand or for her to tack more money onto the price, so my reply was 'as it sits'.

Besides the price/tax/title what other fees should I prepare myself for? I will not have any delivery charge because we have a tow vehicle. (I found that delivery can be anywhere from 1.25 mile to 1.80 mile) Is it necessary for them to 'prep' it?

All input is appreciated.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
H2OWeezie wrote:
Thank you Markiemark. I realize I was rather hasty and vague in my post. I ended up finding it on NADA. I just had to scroll further down and pick from the entire list. Sorry everyone - rookie move. ๐Ÿ™‚
I am however, looking at different websites, compare photos/condition/prices. I understand that what you see online might not look like that in person. I have a few TTs that we are going to look at this weekend - I can't wait.

No rookie moves, good to inquire here, a wealth of knowledge.

Also as you are doing, finding as much info as possible and understanding the way RV dealers price RV's and what options are out there will help in you getting a good deal.
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Markiemark. I realize I was rather hasty and vague in my post. I ended up finding it on NADA. I just had to scroll further down and pick from the entire list. Sorry everyone - rookie move. ๐Ÿ™‚
I am however, looking at different websites, compare photos/condition/prices. I understand that what you see online might not look like that in person. I have a few TTs that we are going to look at this weekend - I can't wait.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
H2OWeezie wrote:
It's a Dutchmen. The model number for that year is not popping up either. I even tried the year before and after. There is no such model that the dealer is advertising.

Thor-Dutchmen makes a trailer line named Denali.

There could be a Trailer with a "Denali Package" (potentially marketing a four seasons like trailer).

I don't see a model number or year reference?:?

To the original poster, need manufactuer, year and model.

NADA may give some ball-park.

Depending on year, you may find through several online RV sites that has the model to get give you some pricing estimates.

Yes, dealers sort of set MSRP's, but some do advertise close to true selling points vs. the inflated MSRP price.

A used Trailer will come down to condition of the unit, more than finding something online, which I am unaware of a quick way to find pricing information.

Good luck,
Markiemark
OK to ban per Mark F.

H2OWeezie
Explorer
Explorer
It's a Dutchmen. The model number for that year is not popping up either. I even tried the year before and after. There is no such model that the dealer is advertising.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Denali as in Coachmen? Are you using the model number? I don't think it's a Denali Pkg , just called Denali because you can buy Denali Furniture. I do know the RE is a luxury model in Denali.