cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depth of Bigfoot factory mattress

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the depth of the Bigfoot 2500 series mattress? We just bought a 2006 Bigfoot 25c10.6 that has the original mattress in it. I doubt the thing is comfortable. Since we are going to pick it up in a few weeks and drive it all the way from NV to AK, we want to sleep comfortably. But I need to know mattress depth to order a new one. Anybody?
14 REPLIES 14

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Measured the factory mattress in our BF and it is 6"-6.5" thick. DH and I are comfortable on it. With 1" foam board underneath and bedding on top there is just enough room to open the cabinet door.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

thundercloud
Explorer
Explorer
The stock mattress that came in our 2008 2500 comfort-wise was ok. We bought a memory foam mattress cover from Walmart that is 1.5" thick. I find that the mattress is now more comfortable then our one at home.
Happy TC'N,
David

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Bigfoot isn't quite a queen size. 60" x 74" vs. std. queen size 60"x80"

That can make finding mattresses, and sheets more difficult. (as well as sleeping for tall people). That was one of my very few gripes with our 2006 Bigfoot 10.6. I am 6'3" and feet sort of hung over the edge often getting cold.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

HMS_Beagle
Explorer
Explorer
I found the stock spring mattress pretty comfortable, but if you do something different, don't make it any thicker - the closet doors won't open over it.
Bigfoot 10.4E, 2015 F350 6.7L DRW 2WD, Autoflex Ultra Air Ride rear suspension, Hellwig Bigwig sway bars front and rear

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
I've had foam, can't take it. Too hot.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Yes they made mine out of a wee bit firmer memory foam. Then I have a Topper on that.

Thank you Bigfootgrey.

bcbigfoot
Explorer
Explorer
covered wagon wrote:
Don't get the springs mattress it's too cold because of the air space for the springs.

The BigFoot and Northern Lite mattress maker is in Lethbridge Alberta. I had them make a new mattress for me that was all foam, no springs and its insulating very nicely from the cold. Those springs are teeth shattering shivers is all I can say.

They also know the angle of the front to make it fit well. I also had them make it so it fits with no gaps on the sides, so no cold creeping from there either. Northern Lite had the Mattress short by 2 or so inches on each side. My new Mattress is also thicker at 6 inches thick.

Let me know if you want the company name it's on the mattress zippered cover they put on.

I forgot to say that I also would prefer a good quality solid foam mattress, I get by with the spring/foam mattress by adding a 2" good quality foam on top. Still enough room to open drawers and cabinets.
2002 Dodge 3500 2wd dually, cummins, 4.10 gears, 10500gvwr, Rancho 9000's shocks
2005 Bigfoot 259.6E, 80watt solar, eu2000 Honda gen., 2x group 31 AGM bats., 7100 btu aircond, electric rear step.

welsteach
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, folks!

bigfootgrey
Explorer
Explorer
Duncan Industries Inc in Lethbridge. Phone# 403-328-3800. They do all upholstery and mattresses
2011 Ford F-350 PSD SC DRW
2008 Bigfoot 25C-10.4E
Firestone airbags - torklift stable-loads,fastguns,Talons Rancho rs 9000XL’s.

covered_wagon
Explorer
Explorer
Don't get the springs mattress it's too cold because of the air space for the springs.

The BigFoot and Northern Lite mattress maker is in Lethbridge Alberta. I had them make a new mattress for me that was all foam, no springs and its insulating very nicely from the cold. Those springs are teeth shattering shivers is all I can say.

They also know the angle of the front to make it fit well. I also had them make it so it fits with no gaps on the sides, so no cold creeping from there either. Northern Lite had the Mattress short by 2 or so inches on each side. My new Mattress is also thicker at 6 inches thick.

Let me know if you want the company name it's on the mattress zippered cover they put on.

Marcela
Explorer
Explorer
I was going to guess the spring mattress in mine is 6-7" deep.

bcbigfoot
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there was a standard foam mattress and a optional foam with coil springs mattress. My camper came with the foam/spring mattress which is approx 6 1/2" deep.
2002 Dodge 3500 2wd dually, cummins, 4.10 gears, 10500gvwr, Rancho 9000's shocks
2005 Bigfoot 259.6E, 80watt solar, eu2000 Honda gen., 2x group 31 AGM bats., 7100 btu aircond, electric rear step.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I'd give the folks you bought it from a call....have them measure it for you.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

burningman
Explorer
Explorer
You could put a Froli mattress support system under it. I sure like mine.
It’s like having a box spring under it, but it’s adjustable and lower profile and allows some air circulation under the mattress to prevent mold or condensation.
2017 Northern Lite 10-2 EX CD SE
99 Ram 4x4 Dually Cummins
A whole lot more fuel, a whole lot more boost.
4.10 gears, Gear Vendors overdrive, exhaust brake
Built auto, triple disc, billet shafts.
Kelderman Air Ride, Helwig sway bar.