cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Diesel warranty?

Americamper
Explorer
Explorer
Are the newer diesels warranted to 100K or 5 years whichever comes first? Or is it 100K with no time limit? I think it would take me longer than 5 years to get to 100K.
2000 F250 Superduty 7.3 SB SRW, E rated Michelins, Torklifts, fastguns,2004 Northstar Laredo, , Ducati Hypermotard 1100, KTM 250XC
17 REPLIES 17

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP got his answer. The rest of this is just wasted bandwidth.

CLOSED
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
BradW wrote:
aguablanco wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
I would think that a little research on your part would find answers to your question. Why don't you visit each manufacturer of the product with a diesel engine you have interest in (I assume it is a pick up truck)? I am quite sure the manufacturer's website touts their warranty!

He is doing research. If you didn't want to help why reply?
RichH

How dare someone ask a question on an Internet forum? I am shocked!

Well I never lol.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
aguablanco wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
I would think that a little research on your part would find answers to your question. Why don't you visit each manufacturer of the product with a diesel engine you have interest in (I assume it is a pick up truck)? I am quite sure the manufacturer's website touts their warranty!

RichH

How dare someone ask a question on an Internet forum? I am shocked!
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
jmtandem wrote:
Are the newer diesels warranted to 100K or 5 years whichever comes first? Or is it 100K with no time limit? I think it would take me longer than 5 years to get to 100K.

When you do your research be careful to also check the warranty on the exhaust system. It can be different, read less, then the engine. For example five years or 50,000 miles on the exhaust even if the engine warranty is five years or 100,000 miles. And the exhaust system is where you will likely have your issues especially if you drive the truck as a 'grocery getter' most of the time.

See the 'Comparison Warranty Chart' LINK in my earlier post

It has ALL the various warranties and time/mileage limits
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II

When you do your research be careful to also check the warranty on the exhaust system. It can be different, read less, then the engine. For example five years or 50,000 miles on the exhaust even if the engine warranty is five years or 100,000 miles. And the exhaust system is where you will likely have your issues especially if you drive the truck as a 'grocery getter' most of the time.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
lol....to anyone who cant figure this out or thinks its worthy of pages of discussion....here's your sign!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Americamper wrote:

Howdy neighbor. It almost always going to be the lessor of the two. Stay away from Sunny King if you do Ford.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:

I would think Sunnysouth wouldn't be so cranky being it's so sunny in the south
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
Reality Check wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:

lol, he is researching. He's researching who has done the research and what their findings are. Down to the nitty gritty and easy conclusion. Smart youngster for sure...

this^
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
Every vehicle I have purchased is 'whatever comes first' Otherwise there would be no need to state both time and mileage unless the manufacturer would be providing warranty service for a 59 month old year old truck with 500,000 miles or a truck that is 40 years old with 99,000 miles.
2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Duramax, PowerStoke, Cummins-----5 yr/100,000 whichever is first

Warranty Comparison Chart
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Reality_Check
Nomad II
Nomad II
DownTheAvenue wrote:

lol, he is researching. He's researching who has done the research and what their findings are. Down to the nitty gritty and easy conclusion. Smart youngster for sure...
'16 F550 CC, 4x4 with Link Ultraride air suspension, '18 AF 1150. Just so we can play with our snowmobiles, dirt bikes and fishing boat. And new 20' tag along...kayaks, bikes, mc's and extra water and food!!

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Kayteg1 wrote:
If you are bored Ford warranty takes 41 pages.
Main story is on page 8
Powerstroke is 5/100,000

Page 11 gives the breakdown on oil burners. 5 or 100K for most all parts on the motor.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:

RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.