cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dodge Truck Campers

Led_67
Explorer
Explorer
I enjoy old TCs and other old RVs. I discovered a treasure of old RV history containing all types of classes of RV but the majority seems to focus on truck campers. Being a TC'er, I posted the link in the truck camper section. The link seems very interesting and informative at the same time.

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/campers.html

I have no personal association with allpar.

Led 67
8 REPLIES 8

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very much for the link, It was fun to see all of these RV's from the past. Like it was yesterday.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
In 1967 I worked for a company that made truckcampers Trailers and fivers They would deliver the Dodge trucks from the factory and we would mount a 10ft camper on them not sure were they went after that.I think they all had a creeper gear for first and you could almost pop a wheely taking off.
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
I saw this at a bluegrass jam, the owner bought it from the original owner and his neighbor, he said the camper has been on it from day one and he never seen it off, he drives it all over the country, said it hauls it like a champ. makes me wonder if todays 3/4 ton is a wimp in comparison to the 60's trucks.

1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Fun! Thanks for the link! I remember many of those campers! Cool seeing them "new"! 🙂

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
It is fascinating how far we have come in axles and engines since then. And they hauled campers! Today we almost need a one ton dually with a rear axle of 9350 pounds, six tires that can carry 3000 plus pounds each, and a gross weight rating of over 10,000 pounds or more to haul a camper. Amazing. Thanks for posting!
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Neat stuff!
I like the power Wagon with utility body and the El Dorado camper.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

Bubtoofat
Explorer
Explorer
Now that's some cool stuff right there.
Mike
2005 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4X4 6.0
2011 Northstar Adventurer
Hellwig Bigwig, Ride-Rites, Fastguns, KYB Monomax.

"No matter where I am, I can't help feeling I'm just a day away from where I want to be."
Jackson Browne

MTRhino
Explorer
Explorer
The D300 crew cab with the chassis mount Dreamer is pretty cool. Don't think I have ever seen the front corner entrance like that.
Central Montana
66 Jeep CJ5 (toy)
97 Glastron GS205 inboard boat (toy)
03 Bigfoot 25C9.6 truck camper(toybox)
06 PJ car trailer (toy hauler)
10 Chev 3500 ext-cab longbox (toy hauler)
11 Polaris RZR (toy)
12 Beta 450RR dualsport motorcycle (toy)
Next toy = :h