cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Switch?

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Sierra 2500HD, 6.0 gas. Normally when I turn off the engine and open driver's door the radio turns off. Now it stays on and I have to turn it on and off manually. There must be other things that the door switch also turns off because if the truck sits for a week or so the battery (which is fairly new) drains down. Does this sound like the door switch, or is there some sort of relay that could be sticking? Thanks in advance for any thoughts on the matter.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS
10 REPLIES 10

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Give up so quick?
Quick inner webs search not on rvnet yielded multiple conditions similar to yours and possible solutions (I’d presume).
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for your help. I have found that pulling and then replacing the fuse to the radio will "reset" things for a day or two then the problem re-occurs. I have an appointment with the dealer next week. I'll let you know how it shakes out. I'm an old school kind of guy and when it comes to computer controlled trucks I'm way out of my league. Thanks again to all. Safe travels.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
oldcat1 wrote:
Fisherman - how do you adjust the time? Turtle n Peeps - what is a BCM? Thanks all.

Like one of the others said, I can adjust mine with "setting" function on the radio display. yours may a bit different.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
A BCM or Body Control Module is a computer that controls the switches and relays and that kind of stuff in your truck. Weird things can happen when these go bad. Check the door switch out and if that checks out ok then the BCM would be where I would go.

Good luck.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Body Control Module" A number of settings are available usually from the dash or buttons on the radio. Every vehicle is different so you will need to check your manual to find the correct way for yours.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

Thunderbolt
Explorer
Explorer
My wife's 2019 Equinox did that and the dealer had to reflash the computer. Hasn't done it since then.
Bryan
2003 2500HD Ext. cab short box
6.0 liter 4.10 gears, Nelson performance PCM 293,000 miles
98 K1500 4x4 heavy duty 1/2 ton (Sold)
6,600lb GVWR 5,280lbs on the scale empty
14 bolt rear diff. 3:73 , Tranny and oil coolers
380,000 miles.

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
Fisherman - how do you adjust the time? Turtle n Peeps - what is a BCM? Thanks all.

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
Could be a few things but I think at the top of the list a BCM.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
That switch also turns off the interior lights if it's in the door open mode. Are you sure that maybe you may have adjusted the turn off time. I know on mine, the radio off, interior lights off can be adjusted from 0 to about 2 minutes.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
Do the dome lights shut off like they should?
if so then less likely the door switch.
good luck diagnosing. I'd try chebbie truck forums for a greater chance of an internet solution.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold