Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric tongue jack question

erdvm1
Explorer
Explorer
Are there any specific issue I should be aware of before buying
Such as check tube diameter
What about the motor on top style (Atwood) do they interfere with letting the bunk down
Kodiak 172E 2014

Anything else to consider so I buy the right one. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
My tongue does not have a hole of any size. So when I got my jack. I just removed the other one. The new one slid right into the -V- at the front of the tongue, and bolts on.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
One issue with my liftgate is that when hitched I frequently cannot lift the entire gate but must only open the top window because it hits the top of the jack.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

atreis
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Barker. The motor is side-mounted and doesn't interfere with the bunk. They're also very reliable. It does interfere with the hatch on the back of the van though. (The hand-crank the trailer came with didn't.)
2021 Four Winds 26B on Chevy 4500

tll
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a Barker with the extended lift as my trailer sits higher than most. I didn't think about having to lower the bunk when I ordered the jack. Luckly the bunk clears by just enough. So measure to make sure it will fit. I have plenty of clearance when lowering the tailgate as far as the jack head is concerned, but it does hit the tube if the truck angle is just right.
2015 Starcraft 299BHU
2011 Jayco X23J(sold)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
My camper came with an Atwood Tongue Jack and it does not interfere with the bunk down and it does not interfere with the tailgate on my truck being in the down position also. I would think that your type of camper and truck would play a role in the ability to open or close the bunk end and open the tailgate. My last camper would not allow me to open the tailgate on the truck but would allow the bunk end to lower. I have had two campers with Atwood Jacks and I have had no problems at with them. Do your PM work on them.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
erdvm1 wrote:
Are there any specific issue I should be aware of before buying
Such as check tube diameter
What about the motor on top style (Atwood) do they interfere with letting the bunk down
Kodiak 172E 2014

Anything else to consider so I buy the right one. Thanks

there are two different size holes. so you need to measure yours, to make sure.
yes, the motor may be too high on some models. you need to measure the height from the mounting plate to the top of the motor and compare that to what the distance from the bottom of the open bunk door is to the A-frame. also, if you have a truck tailgate, it may interfere also.
i had to turn my UF3500's motor 180 to clear the tailgate. but it doesn't affect the bunk door.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes