cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ends of drawer slides broken.

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
The drawer slides in my 2010 Dutchmen end in an adjustable plastic “T” bracket mounted to the wall. Almost every one of them has broken. I notice when the back of one of the drawer slides gave way and the drawer tipped. :E

The darn things cost $5.00 each and I would need at least 14 of them. Rather than order new and try to replace them deep in the drawer slot, I found a way to pull the broken ones and tie-wrap them in place. So far my repair has been sucsessful.

I just wondered if others have had this issue?
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.
6 REPLIES 6

rbpru
Explorer II
Explorer II
Loulou,

You are correct about the same parts being used by all the TT manufacturers. I had a 5 year old Palomino pop-up and a friend bought a new Coleman pop-up. Same drawer pulls, same floor linoleum, same appliances.

At least when you have a problem people are familiar with what you are talking about.:W
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

moonlightrunner
Explorer
Explorer
Old email from a friend who used to be cabinet installer /builder after I had some break...
Why didn't you mention your RV was using those things? I used to throw them way and used a piece of wood to hold the drawer slide in the correct place. They are only for adjusting the drawer slide from side to side. Reroute by here and I will fix your drawer slides so they don't break and they work right. and make a list of everything else that needs to be fixed!

He fixed mine by replacing all ot the plastic spacers and they are so much better

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
Hubby completely replaced the whole drawers and slides in our TT. It seems that no matter what brand you buy, manufacturers make RV's look so pretty with the interior finishes, then they cheap out on the things that count. They all do it. That is why when we looked I didn’t get all wrapped up with the counter tops or fabrics...that all can be replaced rather easily.

Caboose66
Explorer
Explorer
Had the same issue with the drawer guide ends on my old Max-Lite. The ones that hadn't already broken were about to. That was one of the first things I checked non the new trailer and I believe they are metal.
When you do decide to replace them, find a bulk package of 20 to buy... and make sure they are the heavier-duty household quality. Those should last a while. I swear the OEM ones in my old trailer were made from the same material as those biodegradable, disposable forks...
The other challenge you may encounter is, when installing the new ends, you may find that it will be difficult to get the screws to take hold in the existing holes. You may have to fill the holes with something and then screw the new ends in. And, to make it an even more enjoyable job... getting both arms/hands into those spaces is a real treat!!

Have fun. 🙂

jjj
Explorer
Explorer
I bought mine at Lowes and they work great. I am tired of those things breaking and the crappy drawer glides. I am now in the process of replacing them with soft close drawer glides from home depot and they work fantastic I just did the kitchen drawers and now we want them in all of them. It cost about 22.00 a drawer but it is well worth it no more lifting up on drawer to pull out and never worry about a drawer coming out while going down the road.
2002 F-350 Crew-Cab Dually
V-10-4.30 gears Mag-Hytec diff.cover
w/Amsoil-6.0 trans cooler Curt Q5 20K hitch & bedsaver
2005 Keystone Challenger 34TBH-Fifth Airbourn

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is a very common issue. I replaced all of them in my trailer with some I got at Home Depot. I just replaced the ends that you are talking about and not the whole drawer rail. The replacements are quite a bit stronger than the originals. I like your solution however! 🙂 Wish I had thought of it.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine