cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exactly how important is a slide?

sillynikki
Explorer
Explorer
I said I'd never get a camper without a slide, but we've found a hybrid that looks really roomy and doesn't have a slide. It's a 2007 Roo 233. The price is right and it appears to be in good condition. We're going to look at it in person tomorrow (it's 2 hrs away from us). I'm just wondering how many of you gripe about NOT having a slide in your hybrid. Does it really make THAT big of a difference in the hybrids?
Just sold 38' Coachman Catalina
Ford F250
Kia Soul
32 REPLIES 32

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my first two MHs did not have slides. (also rubber roofs and P-30/32 chassis :s) ) when I ordered my MH after these tests it had two slides. If you are planning on doing any actual living in one, it should have a slide. that said, my new Ascend 17RD does not have a slide.
bumpy

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our 96 Southwind I didn't want slides. Now that our grandsons are with us, a slide(s) would be nice for the extra room.
It depends on your needs and how many/how often you will be using the RV.
If it wasn't for the change in our situation, I would be happy without slides. Now, they will be important on our next RV.
Also, it may make it easier to sell your RV if it has slides.
Make sure it fits YOUR needs before you make a decision.

mbutts
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on how many people are camping with you. Just 1 or 2, I could probably live without a slide. 4 + 2 dogs? Gimme a slide!

Makes it much more comfortable since without it, you are just down to a narrow hallway.
Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer