cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F-Series trucks # 1 for 40 years

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Am surprised that no-one posted anything about this yesterday that it was reported that Fords F-series have been the #1 selling truck for 40 years. Not being a smart alec just cuz I own a Ford, just saying what I read.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
52 REPLIES 52

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
drittal wrote:
My thing is this, Fseries covers all the way to F750, correct?

GM does not offer 450-750.

Makes perfect sense to me to add in the smaller trucks to GM totals if Ford gets to add in the bigger trucks.

No NO F series only ,trucks with pick up beds - chassis /cab not included
that might be a lot of F450 as well.
defiantly no F550 and up.
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
My thing is this, Fseries covers all the way to F750, correct?

GM does not offer 450-750.

Makes perfect sense to me to add in the smaller trucks to GM totals if Ford gets to add in the bigger trucks.

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
patriotgrunt wrote:
Must be cold out there with all of these brand-war threads!

-16 now, but it's supposed to get above 0 today!

Hannibal
Explorer
Explorer
My F250, even with it's lowly 5.4L gasser, is the first truck I've owned in many years that I'm not anxious to trade for something better.
2020 F250 STX CC SB 7.3L 10spd 3.55 4x4
2010 F250 XLT CC SB 5.4L 5spdTS 3.73
ex '95 Cummins,'98 12v Cummins,'01.5 Cummins,'03 Cummins; '05 Hemi
2017 Jayco 28RLS TT 32.5'

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
Must be cold out there with all of these brand-war threads!
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
As I said in the other GM sales troll post. Who cares??
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Also don't forget all those GM and Chrysler dealers that were forced to shut down.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Bedlam
Anytime you have to write off a loss, it is a hand out to the party that did not pay. Seems pretty simple to me...

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Terryallan wrote:

Actually they did not pay it all back. We went 11.2 Billion in the hole on the deal. seems GM paid back a huge part of the bailout with stocks. and the stocks are not worth enough money to cover the Bailout. so again. The US taxpayer took a 11.2 billion dollar bath. GM went bankrupt, screwed it's stock holders, and there we are.

Most of the money invested was in new GM, not the old. There was very little government money left outstanding in old GM before the bankruptcy. The government ended up writing off on a little over $800 Million in old GM. The Billions that were lost comes from the purchase of stock in new GM. The government themselves decided to buy the stock in new GM along with Canada vs. loaning GM more money. This was all done before new GM's IPO. The government experienced such a loss mostly because of when they decided to sell off the shares.

Really if the government had held onto the GM shares they could've actually profited from them eventually. But that wasn't the goal of the program. They wanted to get as much money back as soon as they could. Plus they could already see that they were not going to take a huge hit on TARP anyway, so selling the shares at a loss really wasn't a big deal.

The goal was to try to save the failing sectors to prevent catastrophic economic collapse. Banks, housing, auto, and manufacturing were all failing. Lots of people think that the bailout was just a big handout from the government, but really it was a bunch of loans.

There were some losses and some gains, but in the end it worked out to be a win win for the government. Although the industries have had some rough patches, they've mostly bounced back. The government ended up coming out ahead moneywise. As of today, of the $622 Billion that given out the government has received $698 Billion back. In end the government has realized a $76.6 Billion profit.

drittal
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:

And I wasn't counting vans, or SUVs either, All classified as trucks. The numbers were only about F series, and their direct competition. Colorado, and Canyon are not in that class.

Breaking news, GM outsells Ford mid size trucks by almost 150,000 units. Ford outsells GM full size trucks by 25,000 units.

BenK
Explorer
Explorer
To understand why that burger comment...A good amount of "free associative skill" is required.... :B

ROBERTSUNRUS wrote:
N-Trouble wrote:
And in other news McDonalds sells the most burgers...

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, this is the most idiotic statement ever made on this forum.
-Ben Picture of my rig
1996 GMC SLT Suburban 3/4 ton K3500/7.4L/4:1/+150Kmiles orig owner...
1980 Chevy Silverado C10/long bed/"BUILT" 5.7L/3:73/1 ton helper springs/+329Kmiles, bought it from dad...
1998 Mazda B2500 (1/2 ton) pickup, 2nd owner...
Praise Dyno Brake equiped and all have "nose bleed" braking!
Previous trucks/offroaders: 40's Jeep restored in mid 60's / 69 DuneBuggy (approx +1K lb: VW pan/200hpCorvair: eng, cam, dual carb'w velocity stacks'n 18" runners, 4spd transaxle) made myself from ground up / 1970 Toyota FJ40 / 1973 K5 Blazer (2dr Tahoe, 1 ton axles front/rear, +255K miles when sold it)...
Sold the boat (looking for another): Trophy with twin 150's...
51 cylinders in household, what's yours?...

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
N-Trouble wrote:
And in other news McDonalds sells the most burgers...

๐Ÿ™‚ Hi, this is the most idiotic statement ever made on this forum.
๐Ÿ™‚ Bob ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
proxim2020 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
proxim2020 wrote:
Thomas/NH wrote:
Ford has been good for me... Back during the recession when the big three were looking for a bailout, I was impressed by Ford's position and decided to back them. I bought 5000 shares at $1.59 (against my broker's better judgment, "you're throwing your money away") now it's $13.17 (now back to investment grade and paying dividends again). I know I should be shrewd and divest, but with the new models coming out and the investment in electrics I'm going to let it ride.

I've alway owned Fords both personally and in my company, they've served me well.

You do know Ford ended up taking money from the government right? Originally they approached the government like all others asking for $9 Billion, but changed their mind when they got a slick idea. They instead borrowed almost $6 Billion from the Energy Department instead of going through TARP (The Bailout Program). They could then say that they didn't have to take bailout money. Ford Credit received almost $16 billion from the government. Ford's financial arm borrowed more than any other competitor. The fact is everybody got bailed out in one way or another.

A lot of difference between a LOAN, and a Bailout. they also took out the loan long before the bailout. I have a loan for my house. Trust me. It is NOT a bailout.

From Investopedia:

"What is a 'Bailout'

A bailout is a situation in which a business, an individual or a government offers money to a failing business to prevent the consequences that arise from the business's downfall. Bailouts can take the form of loans, bonds, stocks or cash. They may require reimbursement. Bailouts have traditionally occurred in industries or businesses that are perceived as no longer being viable or are sustaining huge losses."

It wasn't free money that the government was handing out. They wanted it back and still do. These were always meant to be loans. GM was paying something like 7 percent on their loan which they paid back in full.

Actually they did not pay it all back. We went 11.2 Billion in the hole on the deal. seems GM paid back a huge part of the bailout with stocks. and the stocks are not worth enough money to cover the Bailout. so again. The US taxpayer took a 11.2 billion dollar bath. GM went bankrupt, screwed it's stock holders, and there we are.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
drittal wrote:
Terryallan wrote:
4x4ord wrote:
Unless GM's sales numbers are combined with Chevy's when comparing it doesn't mean much to me.

Ford still wins.
Ford for 2016....820,799

Chevy for 2016...574,876

GMC..............221,680

total........... 796,556...........for a minus of 24,243

Me I don't care. I'm old, and unless this truck goes up in smoke or worse. I have bought my last one., and in truth they all do a good job at what they are supposed to do.

BTW. I did not post the Ram because that wasn't ask. but it was between the Chevy, and GMC

Unless you are just considering full size you are forgetting the almost 150,000 Colorado and canyon.

And I wasn't counting vans, or SUVs either, All classified as trucks. The numbers were only about F series, and their direct competition. Colorado, and Canyon are not in that class.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers