cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

F150 Tire time

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
50k miles going into winter, wear bars are a little too close for comfort. Truck came with Michelins, they are adequate.
4x4, snow, highway, rain, and towing.

Fav brand and types?
19 REPLIES 19

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
ls1mike wrote:
philh wrote:
time2roll wrote:
Goodyear Wrangler All Terrain with Kevlar works great on mine.
Or do you want the lowest possible price?

Best value

I just put Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs on my 2017 1 ton gasser.
I have about 4000 miles on them It was 1000 bucks all the way around. I really like them. It I had it to again they make a step below these that are similar but cheaper I would have went with those.

I'm going to do those or the new KO2 DT tires here in the next month or so. I have the standard KO2 on there now and they just wore too fast but the DT version is supposed to wear better on heavier trucks. Those Coopers look pretty nice though and they're a bit cheaper too. Leaning toward the Coopers at this point. $1000 installed for new diesel truck tires isn't a bad price at all.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

packpe89
Explorer
Explorer
I just put Falken Wildpeak on my f150 and also had them on my chevy 2500. Load E, A/T tires that are affordable, last and are not nearly as loud as other similar tires.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I also have the Goodyear All Terrain Kevlar tires. They are great in snow, mud and rain. I will get them again.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

ls1mike
Explorer II
Explorer II
philh wrote:
time2roll wrote:

Best value

I just put Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs on my 2017 1 ton gasser.
I have about 4000 miles on them It was 1000 bucks all the way around. I really like them. It I had it to again they make a step below these that are similar but cheaper I would have went with those.
Mike
2024 Chevy 2500HD 6.6 gas/Allison
2012 Passport 3220 BHWE
Me, the Wife, two little ones and two dogs.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:

Best value

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
continentals look interesting.

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 14 f 150 ecoboost that came with michelins.
When they wore out at about 40,000 miles I went to Continentals. I got a much more agressive tread pattern, no more noise or stiffer ride, and Da** these things stick.
I'm now about 60,000 miles and thinking it won't be long before I need new and I am certainly buying another set of the Conty's.
They always did make a good tire. I have the " terrain contacts ".
I tried to put them on my 2010 f 150 as well but they didn't have the size I needed.
I never knew this site wouldn't allow a minor cuss word. but it keeps editing it.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
Why does Android double post?
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd
2005 Forest River T26 Toy Hauler

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
We did exactly that with the wifes Tacoma. Hers is a 2010 model and I found brand new, less than 50 miles in total 2019 tires and rims for $500.00. At that price to get new factory rims and brand new name brand tires how could you go wrong.

I'd only switch to a higher load range OP if you tow quite a bit, otherwise stay at current load capacity and name brand.
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
A set of OE takeoff tires off Craigslist is where I'd be, if I just wanted another set of fresh treads and enjoyed the performance characteristics of the original tires. Save ya about 50% minimum doing that.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

patperry2766
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had a set of Yokahama YK-HTX on my `13 F-150 that I was on 73K miles before I traded it off. Got less than 50K on the OEM Michelins plus they were about $200 cheaper than the Michelins.
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
My F150 came with Michelins and Iโ€™ve had them on other types of vehicles too. Very happy with them and will continue with them, but I live in Florida and donโ€™t have to worry about snow and ice.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

1320Fastback
Explorer
Explorer
How much do you tow or is it mainly a commuter?
1992 D250 Cummins 5psd