cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fast tongue jack

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
Any recommendation on a fast tongue jack for a 7500lb TT.

We just bought a new TT and the electric jack is extremely slow.

Thank you

MC
24 REPLIES 24

scottandgaye
Explorer
Explorer
QCMan wrote:
Wow I never thought of getting a faster tongue jack! I could save at least 45 seconds each setting up and breaking down.

It was a simple, straight forward question. It didn't require a rude response. To him, it takes too long. Without further information, you don't have any idea if your 45 seconds is accurate or not. If you can't be nice, then don't say anything is what I was taught.
2022 Ford F-350 LWB DRW PSD Platinum
2012 Hitchhiker Champagne 36LKRSB

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put heavier wire ?

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just for S&G can you run jumper cables from battery to jack to see if it moves faster? If so you might want to run heavier wire and relays or heavy switches.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I use one of these and it works great. Pull the lever and it folds up out of the way. Folding foot

speediq99
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will get back to you on the make and model.

It is a factory Jack that came with our Palomino trailer. It is painfully slow. I had an Atwood jack before and that thing moved.

I do have a 12 inch block to shorten the distance.

MC

WayneAt63044
Explorer
Explorer
Is it the speed of the jack or the distance you need to raise the tongue? If distance, consider the Fastway Flip Jack extension.

If speed of the jack, what's the make & model of the jack you have?
2012 Forest River V-Cross Vibe 826VFK
pulled by 2009 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Hemi

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
I made a block out of PT 2"x 6" wood and use that under the tongue. I normally only have to lower the tongue a couple inches or so before it hits the block.
I'm guessing it's about 12"x 12"x 10.5" high.
I got tired of needing to stack wood when the jack was too far off the ground.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Wow I never thought of getting a faster tongue jack! I could save at least 45 seconds each setting up and breaking down.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

capacitor
Explorer
Explorer
Does your existing jack have a foot pad extension? If so, that and a piece of 4x6 will speed raising it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Iโ€™m switching to a drill powered jack with a โ€œemergencyโ€ arm powered handle option when this one gives up the ghost.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad