cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fiberglass Nose fading

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Howdy there, So weโ€™re looking into buying a new (to us) travel trailer. In the past few days weโ€™ve looked at a 2016 Keystone Laredo and a 2015 Tracer, both had the fiberglass or plastic nose and both were faded, discolored and the graphics were peeling badly. These two trailers are less than 4 years old, is this common? We realize buying a used camper you have to except some aging, our 2008 Surveyor which is all fiberglass is still in excellent shape, the stickers are 100% in tact. Is there some way to bring the color back to life? We realize the graphics are what they are, stickers.. but what was brown is now a light grayish color with streaks running from the top, just makes it look old and at $20+ thousand dollars we think should look better. Any suggestions???
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control
6 REPLIES 6

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
All good information, thank you. We decided to go in another direction.. buy one without a nose cap. Just brought home a 2015 Jayflight 32BHS
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control

hawkeye-08
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our 2013 Arctic Fox faded right away (we got it one year old, looked bad, figured it needed some TLC (waxing), but it looked good for a very short time, this year, I used electric polisher and 3M products (medium compound/polish/wax) and it looks like new, still looking good after a couple months. We will polish it once or twice a year, perhaps have it painted when that doesn't work anymore..

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2017 Bullet - faded after a year.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
RVs from that era commonly had the fading problem. Many RVs now have painted caps.

The only real fix for the faded ones is to paint them. Buffing and waxing is only temporary.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Paint it yourself with rattle cans. Make it white.

doughboy
Explorer
Explorer
good evening
we have a 2013 cruser and the front cap is terrible. buffing and waxing lasted a short time. don't even think of the ZEP liquid wax!!! looks good on youtube.
i've checked on having it painted $12-1300.
my decals are flat and the cap has a few curves.
i'm going to have a wrap made for the nose $850
was told they last for about 8 years, longer if waxed and kept clean.
here's their web site.

http://wrapcityvinyl.com/

hope this helps
Larry, Lisa, and a dog named "Pepperjack"
2000 Excursion,Toreador red,diesel
2013 cruiser, viewfinder,
Waitin for my ship to come in