cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foam for Hybrid Bed

rwbradley
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking at replacing the fold up foam beds mattresses for our Hybrid. I noticed that the mattresses have zippers so I could remove the foam from the covers and get raw foam cut to size.
I am curious about the different types/densities of foam. We do have really good memory foam toppers for both beds, so we are thinking we need a really firm base. The current mattresses are way too soft and the memory foam helps but we think we need something with support.
I am assuming that I can save some money by buying the raw foam as opposed to going to Camping World and getting replacement beds. The problem is that an online store would likely cost a lot to ship to Canada as it would be a very large package. So I would like to be able to go into a furniture recovering place and be prepared to have an intelligent conversation with them about the types of foam.
Any input would be appreciated...
Rob
rvtechwithrvrob.com
2 REPLIES 2

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Find a local upholstery shop and see what they recommend. They can probably get you what you need and custom cut it for you. It'll be a bit more than a Joann Fabrics type place, but you'll get the size you need.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

3boxerss
Explorer
Explorer
Check out foam at Joann Fabrics or most Fabrics stores will have different kinds of foam.Its locate at the very back of the store. They might work for what you are using for.
2017 Wildwood XLite 201BHXL
2016 Ford F250
Previous Camper 2001 Bantam B19 by Trail Lite