cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fresh water tank will not fill

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 FF 265RBSS bought off the lot as an upgrade from our old 2007 Cherokee. I checked the hot water heater bypass valve and winterizing valve by the pump and started to fill the fresh water tank. I then turned on the pump and cleared the anti freeze out of the lines. Now I am trying to get the bleach wash I to the fresh water tank and I can't get it to fill. The water overflows like the tank is full but the level indicator shows empty. I am sure I am just missing a valve or a step somewhere that my old unit didn't have and this one does. The hot water heater is a single valve system it looks like. It doesn't have any markings to indicate bypass so I am just judging I have the valve set right based on flow. Any help would be appreciated. First trip in a week and fresh water would be nice ๐Ÿ™‚
Jay Bosworth

2016 2500 GMC Sierra LT 6.0L

2016 Fun Finder by Cruiser 265RBSS
19 REPLIES 19

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a new fill tube and also noticed the line to the tank has a slight upward slope after it enters the trailer wall. Using the new fill tube end in conjunction with increasing the water pressure so it could get up the slope did the trick. Thanks for all the help.
Jay Bosworth

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
I have some tube I can try blowing out the vent hose. I also have a pressure regulator I can use next time I try to fill. Our city water pressure is pretty high so it could just be I was being too aggressive.
Jay Bosworth

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
get a short piece of hose and place it against the small screened vent you see above the fill hole and blow into it to see if the vent hose is open or plugged. Could be a kinked vent hose. Water heater bypass will have nothing to do with the water fill.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

harley4275
Explorer
Explorer
get a short piece of hose and place it against the small screened vent you see above the fill hole and blow into it to see if the vent hose is open or plugged. Could be a kinked vent hose. Water heater bypass will have nothing to do with the war fill.
2013 Sunset Trail 25RB TT
2015 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 6.0 l gasser.
Equilizer 4 pt
From Belle River, Ontario
2003 Mountain Star 890sbrx Truck Camper

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks again for the ideas everyone. I can't look at it again today (Monday), but I will see what I can figure out the next day.
Jay Bosworth

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
MURPHY55347 wrote:
On our gravity fill system in addition to using the correct fill hose you also need to throttle the water flow way back to just a trickle. You know you are flowing it at the correct amount when you no longer have it running out.

x2,
my next suggestion . might just be a kink in the hose and this would be the simple fix. Time consuming but simple. ๐Ÿ™‚

MURPHY55347
Explorer
Explorer
On our gravity fill system in addition to using the correct fill hose you also need to throttle the water flow way back to just a trickle. You know you are flowing it at the correct amount when you no longer have it running out.

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
City water hookup is on the opposite side of the trailer. From the outside I see a fill hole with the small air vent hole right above it covered by a small screen. Inside I can see the tubes going from the fill hole and the air vent arch down into the floor surrounded by ducting and wiring.
Jay Bosworth

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
We don't know how you are filling the tank. Is it a gravity fill port where water can be squirted in with a hose? Is it a pressure fill system where water coming in the city water inlet is directed to the tank? Where is the vent, under the trailer or next to a fill cap? :@

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Good idea to use the wand.

Blockage in the fill line or a kinked line.
I had a tank fill port plug up on me on the inside of the tank. One of the plastic disc's from a cut-out at the factory was left inside the tank and jammed the water inlet.

mike-s
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of fill does it have? Are you using a fill hose?

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
Air has to escape for the tank to fill, so check that first.. Or take it in, because if it's brand new, it should have some sort of warranty on it?

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I drained the fresh water tank. There was some water in it, but it wasn't full. After it emptied I closed the drain and tried to fill it again. Same results... Water pouring down the side of the rig coming back out of the fresh water fill hole. It's brand new but I can see about pulling out the inverter under the fridge to get at it.
Jay Bosworth

pbitschura
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my copy of "RV Repair and Maintenance Manual" by Bob Livingston. It explained my water system. I accessed my tank fill hose by removing some cabinet drawers. Sure enough, over time, the hose had an obvious kink. Thanks for the question. I had the same problem and your question got me off the couch. The remedy took 30 seconds and required no tools.
2020 Braxton Creek 24fb travel trailer