cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fresh water tank will not fill

bosworthj
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2016 FF 265RBSS bought off the lot as an upgrade from our old 2007 Cherokee. I checked the hot water heater bypass valve and winterizing valve by the pump and started to fill the fresh water tank. I then turned on the pump and cleared the anti freeze out of the lines. Now I am trying to get the bleach wash I to the fresh water tank and I can't get it to fill. The water overflows like the tank is full but the level indicator shows empty. I am sure I am just missing a valve or a step somewhere that my old unit didn't have and this one does. The hot water heater is a single valve system it looks like. It doesn't have any markings to indicate bypass so I am just judging I have the valve set right based on flow. Any help would be appreciated. First trip in a week and fresh water would be nice 🙂
Jay Bosworth

2016 2500 GMC Sierra LT 6.0L

2016 Fun Finder by Cruiser 265RBSS
19 REPLIES 19

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I checked the hot water heater bypass valve and winterizing valve by the pump and started to fill the fresh water tank

Fill a freshwater tank from the outside potable water inlet by unscrewing the cap ...correct ?

Premix a 1/4 or 1/2 cup of bleach plus some water in a 1/2 gal jug. pour it into the holding tank then add another 10 gals of water.
Now use the water pump to pump it thru your lines by turning on all H/C faucets one at a time. This will sanitize the holding tank, all the lines and faucets.

as far as the valves. The handle should be in-line with the hose to be open. Perpendicular to the line is closed.

RPreeb
Explorer
Explorer
My Jayco wants to empty the thank by siphoning through the overflow. It will literally empty almost the entire tank once it gets started. I had to cut the overflow tube shorter and put a ball valve on it so that I can fill the tank. I open the valve, fill until it starts to overflow, then shut the valve and I get to camp with a full tank. We did 5 days last week and never came close to using the whole 42 gal (plus 6 gal hot water) tank.
Rick
2016 F-150 XLT 4x4 3.5 EB
2017 Jay Feather X213

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Type "fresh water fill" in search bar above. Several folks have had similar problems couple of common solutions in there.

aguablanco
Explorer
Explorer
Try using the water, as already stated. Who says the indicators are correct?
RichH
2017 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
8 Speed Transmission
2010 Dutchmen 24 FB-SL
Curt 10,000# WDH
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
Are you certain the tank is empty? If you turn the pump on do you get water? If you are not right on a city street I would open the gray valve and then turn on the fresh pump and run water at the sinks until it runs out of water, then look for a blocked line if it wont take water. Is there a valve that switches you to city water that could be affecting it?