cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Freshwater dump valve sticking

Chaz59
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new J flight, I have noticed freshwater dump valve starting to get a little sticky any suggestions ?
Charles
6 REPLIES 6

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
if a grey tank valve I have added coconut oil into the tank to try to lube the upper side.
bumpy

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
That blade is very narrow and if something like TP paper is stuck in the track it will be hard to push in or out.

You need to drain tanks and then open the blade and run a brush around the opening.

that or sometimes I just spray silicone spray on the rod and that helps but ultimately you will need to replace it if its worn.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess its too much of a trip to cover it under warranty. If so try to lube it.
If its a dump valve (gray water) then the valve gate is probably binding. Sometimes lubricating it from inside the tank helps using mineral oil poured into an empty tank,allowing to sit against the closed valve for an hour or two. You then work the valve back n forth as you dump it.
You could also try to spray it as suggested .

another option is to add a twist on valve.
https://www.makariosrv.com/twist-on-3-waste-valve-t58/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=ppc

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
all of my RVs had a 90 degree valve to dump the freshwater. is the OP actually talking about the grey water valve?
bumpy

BadgerMcAdams
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco-noslide wrote:
If it's new I would demand replacement as it will be a problem. It should be smooth and free. I just had new ones put on our Class C and I could operate with 1 finger.

but, if they tell you to go pack sand, you might try this...

Food Grade Spray Lubricant

It says it is good from -40F to 400F...as it is food grade, it should not contaminate your fresh water. Would I spray this on a bagel and chow down...no. But I'd put it on a sticky slide valve.

Jayco-noslide
Explorer
Explorer
If it's new I would demand replacement as it will be a problem. It should be smooth and free. I just had new ones put on our Class C and I could operate with 1 finger.
Jayco-noslide