Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front receiver

Manfred
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all,

I'm looking for ideas on a front receiver that attaches to the tow hooks on my 2016 F250. I want to carry two bicycles on the receiver. I have a bike carrier on the ladder of the camper but it's hard to open the camper door with the bikes installed. There was a company, Bodiak, that made the type of receiver I'm looking for but I believe they are out of business. Anybody know of another manufacturer that makes the tow-hook-attach receiver? Has anybody made their own? Thanks
2005 Northstar 850SC
2016 F250 6.2L
23 REPLIES 23

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Our local High School has a welding program, the shop teacher loves to have custom requests to teach the students how to weld things up. It might mean you have to leave your truck there for a week so they can get it measured right but the cost is usually for materials only. Gather as many photos of the Bodiak product as you can and see if you can find someone to replicate it, as they were the only ones I am aware of that makes front hitches that way.
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

TDWebster
Explorer
Explorer
Bodiak is alive and well, I purchased mine from them a while back and carry my spare tire (dually) on it, plus it helps with launching the boat without removing the camper. Best way to get them is through e-mail.
I may have spoke too soon, their website is "down for maint"

tuna_fisher
Explorer
Explorer
Go to e-trailer.com if it's around they will have it, great co. to do business with
2001 GMC DM, 1995 Lance Lite, @005 Eclipse Toyhauler, Toy's!;)

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased my front mount hitch from Curt. It bolts to the frame under the front and sits just below the air dam. Took about thirty minutes to install and I can still use of hooks. Also I like this because our bikes sit lower on the front of the truck and don't impede our view.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
my tow hooks were bolted on, so I took them off, and purchased a receiver from harbor freight. welded on a plate with same bolt pattern and then bolted it back on each side. used 14" square tube and a board and mounted my boat motor to front. could mount bikes there also.
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
I had issues with getting them to return calls or emails and it took about 3 months delivery. But installation was simple and I like the product.

Manfred
Explorer
Explorer
Spearfisherman71 wrote:
Are you sure? I just recieved my hitch from them a couple months ago.

That's good to hear. I went to their web site and it says down for maintenance. After reading other stuff on the internet it looked like they may be closed. I'll keep checking. I like the idea of the receiver on the tow hooks because it gives me the on/off flexibility and the bike rack would ride higher. The pictures off the Bodiak installed look good. Besides, don't like cutting into the lower skirt of the new truck, at least for awhile. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 Northstar 850SC
2016 F250 6.2L

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
Are you sure? I just recieved my hitch from them a couple months ago.

phillyg
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've never seen the type you've described. I assume you know there is probably a standard hitch receiver available for your truck?
--2005 Ford F350 Lariat Crewcab 6.0, 4x4, 3.73 rear
--2016 Montana 3711FL, 40'
--2014 Wildcat 327CK, 38' SOLD